Why carry the weight of a MS290

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoke too soon...here's sumthin...even ANDY is callin' the saw "stocky."

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Yep.., I threw that out to see of you were on the ball:cheers: heck, it's not like I'd call it "petite".:sucks:

Yeah, Its a good saw for what it is.
I am willling to bet that the 290 does not get carried all day long to realy matter about the weight.
you Know, the saw will cut up some firewood and the be sat down for a while.

I owned a 029, Nice saw, starts up, Runs. Never had a problem with it.
Would I get another one ? No. I'm spoiled now.

Yeah, Its a good saw for what it is.
I am willling to bet that the 290 does not get carried all day long to realy matter about the weight.
you Know, the saw will cut up some firewood and the be sat down for a while.

I owned a 029, Nice saw, starts up, Runs. Never had a problem with it.
(snip)

Who are you, and what have you done with Manual?? :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Who are you, and what have you done with Manual?? :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Manual is on another thread messing with Scott and his Do-mars.

This is his clone.

I did say I am spoiled now:hmm3grin2orange:

Hey Peter, in the end, that's all that matters, isn't it ??:clap: :clap:

PS. I could buy myself a Mercedes S type of car, but I am happy with the current Volvo, athough it's inferiour, heavy, underpowered, dust sucking, homeowner grade, boat anchor of a car ..... see.....:deadhorse:

That must be a monday made Volvo, or bad model selection - my 1994 one is not like that, at least not heavy and underpowered.....:biggrinbounce2: :cheers:

That must be a monday made Volvo, or bad model selection - my 1994 one is not like that, at least not heavy and underpowered.....:biggrinbounce2: :cheers:

Just to put your mind at ease, Sawtroll, it's an 2006 model S60 automatic with 2,4 l diesel engine, 173 HP.

A very comfortable car and as I said, I like it very much because it's smooth and you can drive it all day long without physical stress on your back, ideal for my extensive travelling throughout europe.

But compared to BMW, which I drove before, the Volvo is indeed a boat anchor, heavy, unsteady in the curves, equiped with underpowered brakes, and accelerates like a turtle, in spite of its advertised HP.

But the volvo suits my purpose, and that's all that matters for me :cheers:

Well, I guess that diesel explains it then, I am no fan of Diesel engines, and not of automatics. I can see the practical aspecs of it thopugh, if you drive a lot.

My old 945, with a 200hp petrol turbo for 1440kg empty, is not slow at all.

I really like that car, and will keep it until it dies of old age.............

:cheers: :cheers:

It was made before Ford entered the picture, I believe.

Last edited:
Well, I guess that diesel explains it then, I am no fan of Diesel engines, and not of automatics. I can see the practical aspecs of it thopugh, if you drive a lot.

I'd never buy a "homeowner" Volvo like the 945. The 945 RUMP is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOOOOOOOOOOO BIG for me.

Last edited:

I believe your old 945 volvo is lacking by today's standards. Power to weight isn't extremly high, it isn't really nimble, and is a real dated design lacking modern features found on today's vehicles. Btw: how is the air filtration and what size tires are you running? ;)

Last edited:
I believe your old 945 volvo is lacking by today's standards. Power to weight isn't extremly high, it isn't really nimble, and is a real dated design lacking modern features found on today's vehicles. Btw: how is the air filtration and what size tires are you running? ;)

LOL, A 026 on wheels maybe?

Are we on Topic here???????:monkey:

Isn't any AS topic really just a way to start a discussion so we can bash 290s, point out the 441s enourmous rump, to point out our favorite specs, to examine DLG test results and finally, to talk about wibes and filtration?

Dated yes, but power to weight goes a long way with our roads and speed limits, and the design is timeless, unlike some newer Volvos.

It is not a MS290.....:givebeer: :laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back