Why I Burn Firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firewood and Romance

#28: Chicks dig 2 stroke cologne.
... on a bear skin rug perhaps?

A firewood dealer, Dan, and I once had a discussion in fall of '88:

Dan: "I'm going to lose a couple of steady customers this year. Each buys a cord of firewood a year."

Edwin: "Oh yeah? How do you know that you're going to lose them?"

Dan: "Because both of them are young ladies."

Edwin: "What difference does that make?"

Dan: "Well, both of them are getting married to a couple of squares."
:dizzy:

i thought of another one its hard to beat when im out in the woods alone just me and the saws. no matter whats going on all im thinking about is the task at hand felling the tree the direction i want it. ill usually cut a few down at a time then limb em, buck em right there in the woods. then comes the old crapsman trailer to tow em out.
few things i do im my life are as peaceful as this. kinda sounds funny when i read it back using chainsaws and a tractor is peaceful but it is. i think it keeps me from going insane sometime, its my alone time cuse no one ever wants to help do it. 90% of the time thats fine by me :)

I burn wood because I can, I always have, and I hope I always will. I love that thought that no matter what happens in the outside world, I always have the means and the knowledge to stay warm. Saving money is an important aspect of course but not the most important one for me. The smell of woodsmoke on the wind as I return from a long day in the woods conjures up some of the best memories I can recall. I especially notice it at deer camp after a long cold day and I catch the first sniff of smoke as I approach the camp. Many memories are stirred of past hunts going back some 45 years now and good times that were shared with great friends, many of them long gone to a new hunting ground. How does one put a value on such things. There's just something special about a good fire and woodsmoke on the wind.

Maplemeister: :cheers: :cheers:

chicks

#(?) Cause chicks think its hot to see a guy splitting wood by hand.
#(?+1)Cause it warms you four times, cutting it, splitting it, stacking it, burning it.

Very rarely do I cut alone, but sometimes you just have to get away from all the run, run, run, go, go, go...I have taken lunch just to go out and cut a trailer full to drop off for my dad, so he has something to do...And spending time w/ family and friend in the great outdoors is the best...

#32 A good nights sleep after a day in the woods.With some help from a few BUD LIGHTS and a big bowl of chili and beer bread!!

burning wood

Quality time with my wife, she is not only best friend but best firewood partner. plus all those other things already mentioned.

Can't top that one

I burn wood because I can, I always have, and I hope I always will. I love that thought that no matter what happens in the outside world, I always have the means and the knowledge to stay warm. Saving money is an important aspect of course but not the most important one for me. The smell of woodsmoke on the wind as I return from a long day in the woods conjures up some of the best memories I can recall. I especially notice it at deer camp after a long cold day and I catch the first sniff of smoke as I approach the camp. Many memories are stirred of past hunts going back some 45 years now and good times that were shared with great friends, many of them long gone to a new hunting ground. How does one put a value on such things. There's just something special about a good fire and woodsmoke on the wind.

Maplemeister: :cheers: :cheers:

:agree2: :agree2: :agree2:

Was thinking of something to say and then I read this. Ditto here except I was 4 YO 45 years ago.

That is very true. I went to the dentist a month ago and the Hot looking girl that cleaned my teeth could smell the 2 stroke from my chainsaw. She said she loved it........................ :love1:

HELL!!! I love it too.... hmmmmmm kill me please, I'm sounding to gay.:chainsaw:

Storing firewood as a fuel source, causes no risk to the environment. Much unlike fuels, such as: oil, gas, LP (can explode), kerosene, nuclear power, ash from coal.

Aside from all the others reasons listed here, which with for the most part I full agree...

I actually don't like being cold in my house in the winter. People who know me laugh when I say that, because I pursue all kinds of outdoor recreation in the winter, and because I naturally produce so much body heat when I'm active I often need very little insulation.

But when I'm resting, I get cold. I'm thin... AND I'm cheap. If I didn't have the wood burner, my cheap yankee side would rule and the heat would stay at about 55 degrees (like it does now).

Since the wood costs nothing more than gas and oil and some spare time... I burn it for comfort... It's worth it not to have to sit around in a down jacket and wool hat to be comfy. Instead I sit around in a t shirt and shorts watching it snow outside.

:cheers:

Back