Why I will never buy Stihl again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fpc310

fpc310

ArboristSite Member
No I seem to have forgotten to take my midol today sorry.....:cry:

I am just trying to figure out what the whole story is from this thread. FPC has done to much flip flopping for me. He starts out completely PO about Stihl and their entire dealer network. Claiming that it was all Stihl's fault for a bad dealer. Talks about all the times he goes to his other dealer but not this time when it mattered. He had to have a saw because he probably needed to cut, understandable after two plus weeks of waiting, so all of a sudden he got a great deal that wasn't great after all it was just list price with a different bar and some oil? He also went from working 6 am to 6pm M-F to now working like 90+ hours a week? I mean come on he spins everyone up and I am not supposed to ask some questions about all the
holes in the story? I guess if your gonna tell the story then tell it the same the whole way through! :chainsaw:

Jeez people. Who want's a link to my google calendar so they can see my work schedules? Seriously. I do work 6am to 6pm at one job. I also work 9am to 9pm at another. I also work 7am to 7am with some time to sleep sometimes depending on work load. The whole schedule rotates. Today, I work until 7am tomrrow morning. Then I go to the job where I work 9am to 9pm. I go home, sleep, then work 6am to 6pm the next day. Finally, that brings us back to the job where I work 7am to 7am. In addition, all of these jobs do not have a specified lunch break where I can leave. I am lucky if I ever have a day off. It also changes from time to time. Next week is is a little different. I don't work next Sunday. I don't know of any dealers open on Sunday. The rest of the time they are open 9am to 6pm at best. If you can find holes in my schedule then let me know. I would be excited because that would mean I have a day off I didn't know about.

I didn't feel it was necessary to go into detail about my work schedule. I don't think that information makes me a good or bad saw user either. I hope you also can see how hard it is to get to my original dealer during their hours. I thought it would be much easier to have someone cover me for a few minutes while I drove the 2 miles to the closest shop to my job. After all, they are a dealer too.

I only had 1 W2 job last year and a small business that was doing ok. Now we are pretty much out of business. The shop by my house is only about 10 minutes away. It was much easier to go there last year since I was home more often.

I don't know what other "holes in the story" people are talking about. Yeah, I did say I would never buy Stihl again and then bought Stihl again. I got PO'd by a "dealer" who had more accusations and arrogance than anyone would care for. I think I will get the product support by sticking with my hometown guy regardless of the inconvenience.

I know you all deal with a bunch of morons more often than not. I don't have a bunch of stars next to my name or a long signature of the 10 different chainsaws I have. I am not a small engine technician either. I am just a hard working guy with a saw that didn't last a year. I didn't cut any corners. I didn't screw up the mixture. I didn't forget oil. I didn't loan it out. I didn't use stale gas. I didn't let it sit all winter without using it. I always swapped out chains when they began get dull. It didn't show signs of running poorly until it quit at idle a couple times. It never started again for me after that. I really want to know if I did something wrong because I would've been doing it wrong for years. I also don't care to blow up another saw if it was something I did.

whitedogone

whitedogone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Jeez people. Who want's a link to my google calendar so they can see my work schedules? Seriously. I do work 6am to 6pm at one job. I also work 9am to 9pm at another. I also work 7am to 7am with some time to sleep sometimes depending on work load. The whole schedule rotates. Today, I work until 7am tomrrow morning. Then I go to the job where I work 9am to 9pm. I go home, sleep, then work 6am to 6pm the next day. Finally, that brings us back to the job where I work 7am to 7am. In addition, all of these jobs do not have a specified lunch break where I can leave. I am lucky if I ever have a day off. It also changes from time to time. Next week is is a little different. I don't work next Sunday. I don't know of any dealers open on Sunday. The rest of the time they are open 9am to 6pm at best. If you can find holes in my schedule then let me know. I would be excited because that would mean I have a day off I didn't know about.

I didn't feel it was necessary to go into detail about my work schedule. I don't think that information makes me a good or bad saw user either. I hope you also can see how hard it is to get to my original dealer during their hours. I thought it would be much easier to have someone cover me for a few minutes while I drove the 2 miles to the closest shop to my job. After all, they are a dealer too.

I only had 1 W2 job last year and a small business that was doing ok. Now we are pretty much out of business. The shop by my house is only about 10 minutes away. It was much easier to go there last year since I was home more often.

I don't know what other "holes in the story" people are talking about. Yeah, I did say I would never buy Stihl again and then bought Stihl again. I got PO'd by a "dealer" who had more accusations and arrogance than anyone would care for. I think I will get the product support by sticking with my hometown guy regardless of the inconvenience.

I know you all deal with a bunch of morons more often than not. I don't have a bunch of stars next to my name or a long signature of the 10 different chainsaws I have. I am not a small engine technician either. I am just a hard working guy with a saw that didn't last a year. I didn't cut any corners. I didn't screw up the mixture. I didn't forget oil. I didn't loan it out. I didn't use stale gas. I didn't let it sit all winter without using it. I always swapped out chains when they began get dull. It didn't show signs of running poorly until it quit at idle a couple times. It never started again for me after that. I really want to know if I did something wrong because I would've been doing it wrong for years. I also don't care to blow up another saw if it was something I did.

SWWWWEEETTT :chainsaw: Rep heading your way

2000ssm6

2000ssm6

Stihl User
Hmmmmm ain't what I saw in the video my good buddy that log was small too many seconds spent in the cut imo.

Well cookie cutting is fun and a race saw wood shine in the stuff we had there, wood wise. A better example of power is when I bury a 32" b&c with that 460 and it keeps chugin' like a tractor. Now if "your" 372 can do that, then :clap:

Latest posts