Why some men don't know how to do anything

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got most of that list covered. A sewing machine is just another power tool to me. Unfortunately many of the men I know wouldn't even be able to identify all (or even most) of the tools on that list. Let alone use them.

I have done the majority of those things... I am even good at some of the "girlie" things.

Just bought a new sewing machine this spring for making tactical gear for a local SWAT team, have made bivy sacks, made panniers for buddies who are in Colorado hunting right now, and repaired a ton of camping hiking gear.

....and I just got a $10 haircut.

:bowdown: That's a great skill. My wife and I are trying to reuse, repair & recycle as much as we can. Especially work clothes. My MIL sews, so she helps out. But my wife and I don't sew.... that's a skill I'd like learn. Lots you can do for yourself if you can use a sewing machine. More so, if you can work heavy fabrics / materials.

Is there a any thought that maybe knowledge is no more than familiarity gain,with experience. And through civilization experience... Well How many 1000000000000 years ago ? O' I forgot some will never learn. ...LOL

:bowdown: That's a great skill. My wife and I are trying to reuse, repair & recycle as much as we can. Especially work clothes. My MIL sews, so she helps out. But my wife and I don't sew.... that's a skill I'd like learn. Lots you can do for yourself if you can use a sewing machine. More so, if you can work heavy fabrics / materials.

:agree2:

Kevin

If they don't know how to do some of those things it makes you wonder how much time they spent in front of the TV as kids, instead of exercizing their imagination doing stuff outside.

"Idle hands are the devils workshop" -Mom

I've passed on better paying jobs to be able to spend that time with my kids, getting them out, teaching them what I can. I hope they are getting something out of it.

Latest posts

Back