Why-stihl 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian S

Brian S

ArboristSite Guru
Thanks,alot of work involved.I can take it apart and put it back together now with my eyes closed.Looks like your are just about an MVP:cheers:

I know all about the work involved, I rebuilt one for myself last year. Yours is nicer looking and I didn't do as good on the cosmetic work as you did. I have the stock muffler on mine but this is still my go-to and all around favorite saw.

Here is my before and after.

3285280312_6ce1e822be_o.jpg

3285280358_824d448fc6_o.jpg

woodyman

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Nice work! That white case sure makes the other parts look....a bit...yellow....

If you want your pictures to show up like this on the forum follow the link in my sig.

Dan:chainsaw:

attachment.php
attachment.php
I know how to put them up like this,don't know how to make them bigger.My PC is all screwed up anyway.You going to the GTG March 14?Can't do much with the plastic.:chainsaw:

woodyman

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
I know all about the work involved, I rebuilt one for myself last year. Yours is nicer looking and I didn't do as good on the cosmetic work as you did. I have the stock muffler on mine but this is still my go-to and all around favorite saw.

Here is my before and after.

3285280312_6ce1e822be_o.jpg

3285280358_824d448fc6_o.jpg
Looking good.What did you use to clean the white plastic?

Brian S

Brian S

ArboristSite Guru
I used purple cleaner at full strength. I whitened up the plastic, a little.

My clutch cover is painted Ford gray from Tractor Supply which looks a lot like what you used. Under daylight the contrast between the somewhat yellowed handle and painted parts looks about like yours. I think if you really want the plastic to be white again you will have to sand it down and polish it. I use this saw all the time so I'm not doing any more cosmetic work to it.

Latest posts