"wicked work saw" ported cylinder exchange program

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great idea! The shop looks great and I wish you much success.

I'm curious on your 066/660 exchange program how you ensure that the same cylinder going out is the same coming in. My understanding is that there are several different cylinders, and since the port timing can very greatly, some are much more desirable than others.

Thanks

-Greg

when porting you are changing any cylinders port dimensions and timing to get the max workable level out of it. ou just go about each one as needed but the result will be the same. if someone wants there own cylinder back instead of an exchange it will just take a few days longer.

Your gonna be too busy to make my 26 burn nitro before the first race, aint ya? Well, fine. Be that way and stuff.:msp_sleep:

never will i be too busy for you les my friend ,and stuff,jus sayin

Last edited:
I'd say you are setting a new trend, that the others will either follow or you are going to be SWAMPED!!!! :msp_thumbsup::msp_thumbsup:

for all you stihl guys i just finished figuring up the "wicked work saw ms460 kit". i will be able to offer up this kit for the same price as the 372 kit ($350). this kit will include
"wicked work saw ms460 kit"
1-ported cylinder exchange
1-complete gasket set including seals
1-carb kit
1-spark plug
1-dual port muffler​

stay tuned there are more kits available and there will be an introductory price for the first 10 customers. you dont want to miss out on these savings.

Hi Terry,
Now here is an interesting option that I never was able to consider before ........
I have an early 90's Stihl 044 -

Would this kit fit it ?
Piston is siezed in the cylinder, and is junk - no core for you. Is this $100 more than the $350, or would pricing be different ?

for your 044 that is in need of a complete cylinder i could do the ported meteor kit for the $100 up charge. so your total would be $450. after some thought about this and a few pm's i think that some of you want o keep your own cylinder instead of the exchange ,that is perfectly ok. if you want to reuse your cylinder and piston for this service i will lower the price on the kit by $25 (cost of piston). i am going to come up with a complete break down of my prices for this service so that you can choose your options from a menu. i will try to get all this worked out and posted soon.

Looking good there Terry.

I hope it all goes well and you can get out of the woods if that's what you want. I'm glad I'm not framing houses anymore......best of luck!

Good Luck tdrum!.....Most loggers turn into truck drivers when they quit logging......Hahahahahaha!

dennis i dont like driving to work let well alone the driving for a job. i drive my own log truck but dont want to drive for someone else.

ive gotten quite a few requests for the t shirt,so any one that wants to buy a "wicked work saw" t -shirt can buy one for $22 including shipping anywhere in the u.s. ,right now i only have x-large, large,medium. i will be getting xx-large, small in the next couple of weeks
attachment.php
attachment.php

ive gotten quite a few requests for the t shirt,so any one that wants to buy a "wicked work saw" t -shirt can buy one for $22 including shipping anywhere in the u.s. ,right now i only have x-large, large,medium. i will be getting xx-large, small in the next couple of weeks
attachment.php
attachment.php

I was just about to ask about buying one of those. I'd love a large in the orangish color. How do you want payment?

send me a pm with your full name and shipping address and also your paypal email address and i will send you an invoice for payment.

Hey Terry, Looks like your on to something good!!! I wish you all the best. I wish i could get out of the woods!!!

thanks rick,i do love being in the woods and being a logger but the weather,economy and the general industry has made things to where its hard to keep a float. its time to do something else that i love. im just going to reverse the rolls that logging and saw building have been playing. i will build the saws for a living and log for a hobby.

"wicked work saw"
price list

stihl 026/ms260-$325

stihl ms361-$350

stihl 044/ms440-$350

stihl 046/ms460-$350

stihl 066/ms660-$375

husqvarna 346xp-$325

husqvarna 357xp/359-$$350

husqvarna 365(closed port)-$350

husqvarna 371xp/372xp-$350

husqvarna 372xpw(will have to use your oem piston)-$325

husqvarna 385xp-$375

husqvarna 390xp (will have to use your oem piston) -$350

husqvarna 394xp/395xp-$375​

-if you have a really nice cylinder and piston and want to reuse it that is fine. i will deduct $25 from the kit price
-some saws have several different variations of cylinder,so, if you have one of these models i will reuse your cylinder and send it back in your kit
-if you have a cylinder with good bore but broken fins and want to send it ,you can,i will port it and ship it back in your kit
-if you have a cylinder that is a little wron or may have light scratches and want to re use it ,you can, i will port it and ship it back in your kit
-if you dont have a good cylinder to use i can provide you with a meteor cylinder for a $100 up charge

if you do not feel confident in disassembly and reassembly of your saw you can ship the entire saw to me and get the conventional port job for $250 plus the return shipping

i could add the one that i have here to those two and make it a trio of boat anchors.

Latest posts

Back