Wife spoiled me... What did you get?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to watch the kids with Santa presents... two toy chain saws that "run" and spin a rubber chain. Way too much fun. At one point my son donned an Iron Man mask and held up a chainsaw in each hand. The Chainsaw Massacre series is reborn! But how did he know... he's never seen the movie. Hmmm... better hold a refresher course on chainsaw safety.

For my wife, I bought the book, Pioneer Girl, Shes a big Laura Ingal Wilder fan. For myself, she got me a 7in Dewalt grinder. My old Northerntool grinder blew up a few wks ago. Kids got me some shirts, socks and someone got me a fruit cake, which I love to eat.

20141219_210605_zpsj9rtiwqx.jpg

Model 70 Coyote Lite 22-250 w/ a Zeiss Conquest HD5

image.jpg

My gift was three of these very nice dumoulin 98 mauser actions to make some custom rifles with in the future. M70 style 3 position safeties, adjustable triggers, beautiful bottom metal. Whe I picked these up my gun pusher was raffling off a Henry golden boy to donate money for playground equipment at the local school. I rarely enter raffles and never the lottery I bought two tickets because my kids would be using it in the future. A couple of days before Christmas Santa called and said I was drawnimage.jpg
I have my great great grandfathers 1892 marlin already so this will be given to one of the boys 8 or so years down the road.

Between the wife, kids, in-laws, and father. I got a few pairs of jeans, binoculars, iPod, box of fat wood, North Face jacket and two TSC gift cards.

From myself I ordered a 24" bar and two chains form my 372xp.

Nice job on the Henry firebrick! Worse comes to worse, sell the Golden Boy and buy a couple decent bolt action Savage MK II's or a nice old Marlin 39A.

What are you going to build those actions into?

They are 30-06 length actions. I have a 270 lothar barrel for one. Will rust blue, extended top and grip tangs english walnut stock with skeleton butt plate/grip cap. Hooded NECG band front sight. Rear sights either an island safari type sight or even a rib. Don't know what round I will do the other two in

They are 30-06 length actions. I have a 270 lothar barrel for one. Will rust blue, extended top and grip tangs english walnut stock with skeleton butt plate/grip cap. Hooded NECG band front sight. Rear sights either an island safari type sight or even a rib. Don't know what round I will do the other two in
I think I want a 338-06.

View attachment 389585

My gift was three of these very nice dumoulin 98 mauser actions to make some custom rifles with in the future. M70 style 3 position safeties, adjustable triggers, beautiful bottom metal. Whe I picked these up my gun pusher was raffling off a Henry golden boy to donate money for playground equipment at the local school. I rarely enter raffles and never the lottery I bought two tickets because my kids would be using it in the future. A couple of days before Christmas Santa called and said I was drawnView attachment 389586
I have my great great grandfathers 1892 marlin already so this will be given to one of the boys 8 or so years down the road.
My dad won a golden boy nra engraved 22 last april 1st and thought it was a april fools joke..he picked it up from the gun shop and promptly gave it to me....they are a well made rifle...

One of my best friends got me this. Some of you will get it ( @dancan). I think there might only be a handful if that in general circulation.

9ADBC4E6-F48B-494C-BA17-D98C6BF0B813_zps3bngdlqq.jpg

Well wifey has on order a back up camera for the truck, I am a little excited to get it. On the in-law-side some cash and on the gift trade a little Menards special high speed oscillating tool, may come in handy. Got her a watch.

For myself I got a Sig Pistol "Forearm Brace", well an ATF compliant buttstock for an AR. Gutted an upper I had sitting around and dropped the barrel off at my machinist buddy to cut down to 11.5" and thread. Should be together by Saturday. So will have Iowa legal SBR, a little pumped to say the least.
You might want to double check info about that stock. Atf is back peddling on the legality with use for AR pistols.
Copy to the latest ATF letter https://princelaw.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/sig-brace-nov-2014.pdf

Latest posts

Back