Will a Husqvarna 268xp top end fit on a 266xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Presa

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all, please can i get some help my 266xp (OEM 501 6855710) top end has drop a ring. i am having trouble getting any cylinder kits but there seems to be a lot of the 268xp kits with al most the same OEM number will they be compatible, EG Cylinder Kit for HUSQVARNA 268 268xp 50 mm OEM 5016585-71 by METEOR. thanks for any help.IMG_4252[32714].jpg

Pretty much anything 2## will bolt up to pretty much anything else 2## from a 61 up to a 272- there might just be some fun with intake blocks, carb sizes, mounting bolts and air filters.

The 266 and 268 are both 50mm, there will be no huge power gains going to a 268 cylinder and you will have to retain your current air filter system to fit under the 266 top cover- but the rest should work.
Is the 266 cylinder trashed? Like gouges through the plating trashed?

Pretty much anything 2## will bolt up to pretty much anything else 2## from a 61 up to a 272- there might just be some fun with intake blocks, carb sizes, mounting bolts and air filters.

The 266 and 268 are both 50mm, there will be no huge power gains going to a 268 cylinder and you will have to retain your current air filter system to fit under the 266 top cover- but the rest should work.
Is the 266 cylinder trashed? Like gouges through the plating trashed?
Hi, thanks for the reply, i let a friend borrow the saw and it dropped a ring/ seized for a few minutes he has stripped it and said the bore is bad and needs replacing.

Hi, thanks for the reply, i let a friend borrow the saw and it dropped a ring/ seized for a few minutes he has stripped it and said the bore is bad and needs replacing.

You committed the cardinal chainsaw sin!
NEVER lend out your chainsaw!!!!!

Willing to bet your friend straight fuelled a sweet wee 266- for the good Lords sake, go get it back and make your own conclusions about what your ex friend has done and send him the bill- he should be paying to put it back to original, not aftermarket.

You committed the cardinal chainsaw sin!
NEVER lend out your chainsaw!!!!!

Willing to bet your friend straight fuelled a sweet wee 266- for the good Lords sake, go get it back and make your own conclusions about what your ex friend has done and send him the bill- he should be paying to put it back to original, not aftermarket.
I knew someone was gonna say it. Soon as I read “let a friend borrow it” I knew what most likely happened.

Latest posts

Back