Will need to update my screen name

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike385

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, after being out of cutting for more than 6 years, I now have a saw again. When I had my logging business I used them all and always liked the orange saws. Well there isn't an orange dealer close and I have now become the owner of a new 460 Mag. Also bought a FC70 trimmer from same dealer, treated me really well on prices and they are 3 miles from the house.

Well, after being out of cutting for more than 6 years, I now have a saw again. When I had my logging business I used them all and always liked the orange saws. Well there isn't an orange dealer close and I have now become the owner of a new 460 Mag. Also bought a FC70 trimmer from same dealer, treated me really well on prices and they are 3 miles from the house.
Sorry Mike ,you don't know me but rules are rules. Anytime one of us ges an excuse to buy a saw we share. Are you A( back in the business) B( burning wood again to save on heating costs) or maybe something new the rest of us can use? Give it up please. SWEET SAW BY THE WAY:hmm3grin2orange:

Bought a house 3 years ago with wood burner for supplemental heat, didn't like paying the delivery charges for the wood. Friend is culling trees that didn't survive all of the grading and excavation work around his new house. That turns out to be right around 30 +/- trees that range from 10in DBH to 25in DBH. I will have enough firewood for a few years just out of that. 1st year in this place I used 3 cord for supplemental heat during the really cold times.

One another note, I have mixed feeling about the "easy start" of stihl's. Not sure I like the spring windup device in the starter, time will tell if it is robust enough to survive the test of time.

Latest posts

Back