Willow?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I take it that you have never cut any yourself or known anyone who has. Everything you posted is false except one. Stink. I have been cutting and burning it since 1976 6-8 cord year plus selling up to 8 cord/yr. I cut ONE willow that smelled when I cut it. It did not smell after it dried or when burned. It is also a pleasure to cut/split except for the amount of brush to handle.

Nothing like repeating old wives tales, eh?

Harry K

So I take it that you have never cut any yourself or known anyone who has. Everything you posted is false except one. Stink. I have been cutting and burning it since 1976 6-8 cord year plus selling up to 8 cord/yr. I cut ONE willow that smelled when I cut it. It did not smell after it dried or when burned. It is also a pleasure to cut/split except for the amount of brush to handle.

Nothing like repeating old wives tales, eh?

Harry K
Folks where i live wont burn it, i didnt think about the carving aspect it mite work very well for that. The custom wood work guys here want juniper, its gorgeous when done rite but lots of labor

Latest posts

Back