winter 08-09 wood pile pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood Scrounge

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Lets see 'em
heres this winters wood: oak, hickory, apple, black birch, some osage, mullberry, cherry, tulip poplar.
attachment.php

attachment.php

whoa...nominal!! lotta wood there.

lol...bet your neighbors love you.

at least you can keep that stockade fence from blowing over.

This the wood pile(s) for the next couple years, I had some good oppurtunities this past early winter-late spring time to capitalize on some free wood clearing fence rows and trim backs along fields, basically I was told if it leaned near the field cut it down!
Woodmaster014.jpg

Elm007.jpg

Elm008-1.jpg

Here are some shots of the wood lot about 150 yards behind the house. We have 9' log piles, Ash/Elm, 9' Oak/Hickory, some 4' piles of both, and some split wood for this year. We will work the logs up this fall/winter and create another pile for next year. I share it with my FIL, we each have Hardy H2 outdoor stoves.

9_2008_6.jpg

9_2008_1.jpg

9_2008_2.jpg

9_2008_3.jpg

9_2008_4.jpg

9_2008_5.jpg

Last edited:
I've been draggin timber for the last month or so, Waaaaaaay behind this year!!!! Most of em I cut in the spring, Oak, Black Cherry, Ash, Hard & Soft Maple.

0908081831a.jpg

Next weekend the saw will be singin, Heating season is coming on quick!

Great lookin Wood piles Guys! To Bad they did'nt stay like that!:D

Last edited:
WOW! and i thought my pile was big....i better get my butt in gear....
finsihed emptying the trailer today, dat wood was BIG!!.

got to pull some weeds to get to the spliter, and get to splitin'

you guys have got some serious wood stacks/piles....the wife keeps telling me we need to get a year in advance wood pile ready.... just can't ever get the timming right....:(

good news is 80% is oak, some cherry, walnut and i think some hard maple :dunno:

DSC04244small.jpg

DSC04245small.jpg

Last edited:
Purchased wood, what is that? We don't have that around my parts. :)

Last year my pile was made up from small sources from 8 or 9 different people/places. It was all free if you don't count the Dunkin Donuts gift cards. I figured I would augment it with a cord so I could get a little ahead. Well...the nice lady from across the street wanted to split a cord ($$$ wise, not with an axe) so now I was up to 1 1/2 purchased cords....

At least I'll know that its been truly seasoned for a year and not no bogus log length seasoning either:dizzy: ...should burn well.

I currently have about 18 chords stored in a 18x21 metal carport....and I rented a dump trailor and borrowed my neighbors tractor and worked all weekend hauling 10 loads to put in the second carport. I believe I have enough wood to last 6 years. The power company cut all this wood down when they cleared the powerline right of way on my property.....I never wanted to be this far ahead. The neighbor that loaned me the tractor will be coming by this week to get what I can't use and I will help him load up his dump truck.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back