winter 08-09 wood pile pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my wood pile so far. We just bought this place in May so I'm behind where I'd like to be on wood. It's mostly birch, maple, pine and hickory. I'm not sure how many cords this is, what do you guys think? I'm guessing this is about half what I'll need for this winter for my Woodmaster 4400.

P1030318.JPG

I think about half of what you need is about right, I'm east of Saginaw and have about the same weather as you so looks bout right.

Kyle

Here's my 5 plus cords, for this winter, ash, hickory, maple, we have nevered burned more that 4 cords. The rounds are for next year, oak, and ash. The rounds pile grew some since these were taken as I dropped 3 standing dead ash last weekend, plus a 10" apricot for the smoker.

letterman SUCKS/*

Nice pictures guys. I'm starting to breath hard and shake a little bit just looking at them.

I've got 10 cords +. This is the best year of getting wood that I've ever had. I haven't ever had anywhere near this much wood at one time. Most of it is split and in the barn and close to a cord is outside with most of it split.

I'd take a couple pictures but all you would see is what's in the doorway of the barn and the almost cord of locust and oak that's outside.

DaVid U Suck,...Eric

Finally got around to taking some pics. Here's the current state of affairs:

Here are rounds that are in waiting. They've been cut 2 years now. That stack is 25 ft. long and double deep.

And finally the sore point with the wife. I've got to get on this:

Boy, I gotta buy a camera if I want to continue hanging out here.

Awesome pics all. If I ever needed motivation to cut and split, all I need to do is refer back to this thread. That's IF I needed motivation:)

Here's mine. Should be in good shape for the year, but I'm going to keep cutting as I enjoy it and it never hurts to get further ahead.

:jawdrop: I agree.....You must have some really cold winters up there!:jawdrop:

I think I could go about 3-4 years on that much wood here in Kentucky

Great pics. What are you all burning though? It would be nice to have a species ID to all those great woodpiles.

I am posting mine...please don't laugh...just burn a woodstove for extra heat. I am going for quality vs. quantity...aaahaha. Cherry is on the right (stacked two rows deep) and oak on the left. I am way behind this year. I MIGHT have a cord when I finish chopping those cherry rounds, but...I. have a whole crap-load of hickory rounds waiting. So there. Ahaha...keep the pics comin. I'll update mine when I am up to a cord and-a-half. Hey, I only chop after work and half of that time is spent keep the beer cold!
Keep on trucking.

Latest posts

Back