Without wanting to start a 'flamewar' can I have suggestions for a top quality brand of saw. I've heard that Stihl, Husqvarna, Dolmar etc are rubbish.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At 70 years of age how long do you think your next saw will need to be reliable for? (Full disclosure: I'm 71):D
It has little to do with longevity of the saw, it's all about reliability and weight for me. I'm 73 and have an artificial shoulder that makes it hard for me to lift much weight with my rt. arm. I've also been one of those guys who has always thought quality isn't expensive, it's priceless. With that said, I always buy what I think is the best.

These days, consider electric.
I have one of those too. It's an Oregon battery model that I keep in my travel trailer and it does a fine job at hunt'n and fish'n camp but it's not an everyday saw for stacking a cord of firewood. I really do like it though!

I have been impressed with my husqvarna t535xp electric saw.... it's my go to saw for pruning and small removals... they haul ass with the monkey beaver panther bar and 0.43 chain....for me it's the convenience of not having to pull start a saw 20 or more time's a day, the super micro chain makes cleaner cuts, the panther bar is narrow tipped letting you get more precision cuts in tighter spots without overcutting and great for commercial or university job's where excessive noise is frowned upon... plus the whole green, less pollution, carbon footprint aspect..... however, when it comes to removals and big wood, I go for my modified gas saws....

Latest posts

Back