Wives and Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do girlfriends that share same address , count as wife :rolleyes2::msp_wink:

My gf, does not count my saws, and i dont keep count on our tutles, lizards, cats and such.

I have an old cowhouse filled with misceallanous saws in various condition and it keeps getting smaller, the space that is, i dont know how many i have, runners or non-runners anymore at all myself either.

She´s all good with my hobby, sometimes she just laughs when i say that i have to go to the cabin alone, since all the seats are filed with swas and saw part boxes :dizzy:

Dont get me wrong

I dont keep anything from my wife. I provide plenty for the 2 of us at my day job.
When I do round up side jobs here and there and rat whole the money to buy... well saws and firewood cutting tools she doesn't mind a bit. Just a nice long eye roll!!:msp_rolleyes: (Oh and hey I take her to dinner and buy stuff for her 2)

My wife doesn't understand it, but she's ok with my hobby as long as it can fund itself.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Been chased around the house with a saw by the wifey in rage over me getting more saws! thank god the lil woman has a hard time pulling the cord starting them, or i wouldnt be here to tell ya all about...
Less said about em the better aournd my house!,,
Keep em hush hush and hide em boyz!
Out of sight out of mind :msp_wink::msp_wink: Then start talkin trinkets :p

Last edited:
When I couldn't pass up a second MS440, low-hours for a great price on CL, I hid it under the workbench until I could explain how to pay for it to my wife. Reluctantly sold a guitar for 4x the saw price, but don't miss it at all. The 440 is much more useful and louder.

My wife likes the wood heat, the cleared fields, stone walls and trails on our land, and would much rather see me outside working a chainsaw than sitting in front of the computer reading AS posts. :)

Also started a side business that's paid for the saws.

Last edited:
Mine normally doesn't say much since I get some cash jobs to pay for my things and give her stuff too. She just let me buy a leaf blower and a kombi system in the last month and she encouraged it all. When I told her I still want to get another saw or 2 she didn't so much encourage it and asked why. It is getting tougher for me to get them being I'm trying to pile up about 12k for the IVF it's going to take to give her a kid. I figure as long as she sees money going in to that account she can't complain if I spend money on stuff for me too. It just sucks what we are having to go through to have a baby. :bang:

The last saw my wife saw me running led her to ask me if I had another saw. My saw money comes from hours that I work above my normal hours such as overtime, holidays, etc. The last 2 years at work we have worked almost all of our holidays which makes for a good saw fund.

I agree 100%, but not everybody has a wife like Mrs. Dodgegeek, Mrs. Scooterbum, Mrs. Hedgerow, or Mrs. F150. Consider yourselves very very lucky to have understanding and supportive spouses. I just deleted a 1/2 page post because this is not the place for what I really want to say. Saw on....

You can put mrs splitpost to that list,after all its not everyday that you here a wife buying a new ms880 for hubbys birthday:msp_biggrin

Oh yeah,women love honesty,so they can beat you over the head with it.If she asks I tell her,if she doesn't I don't.The honesty things a two way street,sometimes she knows not to ask.

My wife's never really complained about my honesty. If she did, I'd have sent her on down the road and found a more suitable companion.

My wife is cool with the amount she is not so nice when I light off a saw when she has a migraine but thats understandable..

I wounding what she's going to think when me and Aaron unload a non running onan JB in the driveway.. BTW Aaron you've been volunteered..

Saws my wife has no problem with. Guns she don't have any problems with. Her and the 4 year old now have more guns than me. The oldest girl helps me work on saws and pack them up to ship. She did ask why I had a saw that wasn't all orange a few weeks back when I had a Stihl 460 there. There wasn't any Stihl there for about a year so she's used to all orange and the occasional red and black one.

I just tell my wife it could be a hot rod car. Saws are a lot cheaper.:msp_biggrin:

I'm not married, I don't suffer from any of the ills of having a wife.

Who does the laundry, cleans the house, takes out the trash, cooks the meals, feeds the animals and does the stuff that requires Mommy parts?

I agree 100%, but not everybody has a wife like Mrs. Dodgegeek, Mrs. Scooterbum, Mrs. Splitpost, Mrs. Hedgerow, or Mrs. F150. Consider yourselves very very lucky to have understanding and supportive spouses. I just deleted a 1/2 page post because this is not the place for what I really want to say. Saw on....

You can put mrs splitpost to that list,after all its not everyday that you here a wife buying a new ms880 for hubbys birthday:msp_biggrin

Fixed it for you. I am definitely envious.

Saws my wife has no problem with. Guns she don't have any problems with. Her and the 4 year old now have more guns than me. The oldest girl helps me work on saws and pack them up to ship. She did ask why I had a saw that wasn't all orange a few weeks back when I had a Stihl 460 there. There wasn't any Stihl there for about a year so she's used to all orange and the occasional red and black one.

She is a smart girl to have weeded out a creamsicle :D

Back