won't idle...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, took my dog fishing once, but he would jump out of the bost after the fish, and after you got them in the boat, hed try and bite them...was almost funny....cept that we were catching 6 foot blacktip sharks.....

Rat. I can't thank you enough for your expertise and help...

(you think i might be able to keep up with your 361 when its all said and done???...)

it ought to run pretty good,,,,,,,, :cheers: I brought my porting tools with me!!!!!

Lets just say I did a little enhancing (mostly clean up} to your port work
You no longer have any sharp edges,,,:clap: :clap: It would have run like you had it once the leaks were fixed,,,,just might not have lasted too long!!!! I just figured what the heck!!!! I chamfered all the bore transitions widened and squared off the ehxaust port!!! a bit more (not much),,,,opened and smoothed the transferes a bit more removed what you thought was a crack in the transfer divider and smoothed and polished everything,,,removed a bunch of carbon in the combustion chamber Squish band area and ordered your parts,,,,(Though a well known site sponsor BTW!!!!!!) Spike60 I'll recheck squish before I reassemble and may deck the cylinder and make the piston look funny on top!!!!!:cheers: if I get time!!!!!!

You can call me River

Last edited:
holy cow!!!!!!!

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :dizzy: :dizzy: .....

man you take care of people!!!!!!! if you ever start a chainsaw delarship, ill be the first customer!!!!!!

yeah i wanted to square out the exhuast, but didn't have tools small enough for some of it...felt better play it safe....man you are soo awesome:bowdown: :bowdown: ...:clap:

( im asuming you have acess to a lathe??..must be a nice little shop you have...)

it ought to run pretty good,,,,,,,, :cheers: I brought my porting tools with me!!!!!

Lets just say I did a little enhancing (mostly clean up} to your port work
You no longer have any sharp edges,,,:clap: :clap: It would have run like you had it once the leaks were fixed,,,,just might not have lasted too long!!!! I just figured what the heck!!!! I chamfered all the bore transitions widened and squared off the ehxaust port!!! a bit more (not much),,,,opened and smoothed the transferes a bit more removed what you thought was a crack in the transfer divider and smoothed and polished everything,,,removed a bunch of carbon in the combustion chamber Squish band area and ordered your parts,,,,(Though a well known site sponsor BTW!!!!!!) Spike60 I'll recheck squish before I reassemble and may deck the cylinder and make the piston look funny on top!!!!!:cheers: if I get time!!!!!!

You can call me River

Hey River u planning a nice summer trip to see the famous Loch Ness monster? Feel free to take your porting tools for a GTG!! lol

Hey Brownpot did you ever tidy up the welding (I use the term welding lightly lol) you did on the muffler?

Hey River u planning a nice summer trip to see the famous Loch Ness monster? Feel free to take your porting tools for a GTG!! lol

Hey Brownpot did you ever tidy up the welding (I use the term welding lightly lol) you did on the muffler?

He he !!!!! Im gonna have a look @ that too!!!!! and see if it can be cleaned up and made purty!!!!!! :cheers:

lol...true story was 5 minutes to get mig set and weld without a way to get muffler off.....lol....don't ask...so in that case yeah it's bad, but not as bad as if i had 15 minutes and muffler off without the hand brake in the way....i admit it was pretty bad!!!!!

heck it coulda been worse...i could've added a stihl logo to it..what's that good for???about 2 extra hp and $200 ...lol

lol...true story was 5 minutes to get mig set and weld without a way to get muffler off.....lol....don't ask...so in that case yeah it's bad, but not as bad as if i had 15 minutes and muffler off without the hand brake in the way....i admit it was pretty bad!!!!!

heck it coulda been worse...i could've added a stihl logo to it..what's that good for???about 2 extra hp and $200 ...lol

Lol your telling us you actually SET the mig i think i could have done a better weld without turning on the gas:dizzy:

hey Brownpot i just bought a Dolmar 7900 clone in blue for £451 a Stihl ms361 is £610! A 357XP is £449 so i think i got a good deal!
Will run a few tanks through it and mod the muffler Looks like no welding required!
Just in case your planning another saw LOL:cheers:

ouch!....

yeah..well even a blind hog finds an eggcorn every once in a while...nah seriously..sunds like an awesome deal!!!..but im in college and no extra$$$

and by set i mean had everything maxed out(minimum vooltage and i think like 3/4 on wire speed...) and was still blowing out the otherside.....

Last edited:
I am soooooo excited....

i can't sit still.i want to see it and hear it.......it's like christmas......cept santa doesn't call you phone and say "hey, i got a present for you! why don't you come to my place and check it out..."

in case you're reading this and don't know, my baby(359) is likely going to be put together this weekend......:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

hey rat,
do you think "rat rod" sounds like a name of a good chainsaw thats been modified...???lol

Latest posts

Back