won't idle...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Online stores sells those torx wrenches. They are called tamperproof or securityproof torx wrenches.

Last edited:
Update On Jordons first Mod!!!!!

Again, did you check the squish after removing the base gasket. You cannot just remove the gasket without checking.

Checked the as found post mod squish,,, it is @ .021,,, and found out it was checked before and during his final assembly,,,, it should be fine there but I intend to tighten that up just a few thousandths when I put it back together,,, :givebeer:

Right now I am working on getting some leaks on the cylinder transfer covers and the carb manifold,,,, fixed,,,, anybody got a line on a carb manifold for a 359,,,,,04 -05 green gas cap version ?????? :confused:

Mornin there Rat. I was reading all of this. You're a good man. We all need help on something once in a while. Cant rep ya or i would.

Why Thankye There Buck,,,, I appreciate the kind words,,,, I'm Just blessed to be in a position to be able to help the young man out,,,, someday he will do the same for somebody,,, he is a good kid I met him @ the TX GTG last year,,,,

I Remember stuggling through College,,,, it was tuff back then,,, and I'm putting my kids through college right now and one of em (who is alot like me) is doing it his way in tha Marines,,,,,

LOL :)

Got to give Kudos to Four Paws,,, hes been helping with his expertise as well!!!!

Last edited:
i didn't realize it was a team project. ill have to say thanks to four paws then.

"THANKS FourPaws"...lol

seriously though, thanks to everyone, exp. Rat.I'd never had found those or even thought to look for those possible problems.

what's you other son studying to be???

Well RR2 I'm a retired Army trooper; but, don't worry about that son of yours, the Marines "Need a few good men" -- He'll help keep those Yankees straight who've never milked a cow or slopped a hog, and think both come from the Supermarket. :cheers:

Service Bulletin for 357XP, 359, 353, 346XP

Service Bulletin 357XP, 359, 353, 346XP
Partition wall and clamp for intake system
2006 to 2003

B0600023
SERVICE
537 43 88-01*
*compl 537 25 13-02
English 1 (1)
SB, 357 XP, 359, 353, 346 XP, Partition wall and clamp for intake system, 2006-03

The existing intake system on 357XP, 359,353 and 346XP currently consists of an integrated plastic clamp in the partition wall. As the clamp is made of plastic, there is a risk of deformation. This results in impaired clamping force against the cylinder, which in turn can result in leakage in the intake system. To prevent this from occurring, we have now introduced a metal clamp and a new partition wall. The new partition wall is made up of polyamide with 30 % fibre glass. The new clamp is a hardened steel clamp. The new material and the design of the clamp reduce the risk of deformation and the subsequent risk of leakage.Full replaceability prevails.

Introduced from serial number:
357XP 061100201
359 061100001
353 061100001
346XP 061100001

New part no. Description Excl. part. no. Remark
537 25 13-02 Partition wall, intake, complete New spare part
537 43 88-01 Clamp, intake New spare part
Spare part, partition wall, part number 537 25 13-01, has been discontinued and is replaced by part number 537 25 13-02.
:chainsaw:

So Urb is it saying that if I get PN: compl 537 25 13-02 it will have all the new improved hardware because whats on there now is a plastic clamp??? :monkey:

Well RR2 I'm a retired Army trooper; but, don't worry about that son of yours, the Marines "Need a few good men" -- He'll help keep those Yankees straight who've never milked a cow or slopped a hog, and think both come from the Supermarket. :cheers:

Yep He was raised around all the critters,,,, Not sure if he has milked any Cows,,, but he knows his way around on tractors, combines, horses, and cattle and even a mule or a Jack ass!!!!!!!

I know, I know,,,,,, And yeah he worked on his own truck and when he was little I called Him,,,,, Bubba,,,, go figure?????

Last edited:
Yes. The partition wall kit comes with the metal clamp.

Cool Beans,,, Ill get one ordered

I have to say I think that is a pretty cheesy setup like it is @ least Husky put out a service bulletin with a fix cause I could make the saws RPM go crazy just by touching and pushing on the Carb which is why I suspected an air/vacum leak,,,,,

Last edited:
I'm tired of repping that bastard. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

...just outa bullets.....

Andre' I thought we were buds!!!!!!!! didnt I just rep you the other day????:confused: :confused:

If I didnt ,,,, I will!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!:cheers:

I must have,,,, cause it won't let me rep you now!!!! LOL!!!

Last edited:
I'm tired of repping that bastard. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

...just outa bullets.....

I'm gonna need some parts to finish the 359,,,,,, it is gonna be fine!!!

Bump!!!! I am zeroing in!!!!!!

Hobo the fishing dog

attachment.php

Here is a 3.5 lb sam rayburn chunk
attachment.php

we caught last week!!!!

Last edited:
Back