Wood Chips In My iPhone Jacks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get an otter box the ports are all sealed up chips can't get in I had a life proof they're ok otter box Is the best cept my otter box isn't water proof... I'll bet they have an otter box that is waterproof by now

I have a Samsung S5 active as well. Don't believe the hype. Trust me. I had the phone a week or 2 before it took a mild fall from the truck seat to the driveway. Broke. I have a Pelican case for it now, but the phone still has issues. I can barely open the case when I want to clean it, but my toddler can drop the thing from a foot or 2 off the ground and the case goes flying apart. Forget about using the headphone jack. It's so clogged up with hay, wood chips, and pocket lint it'll never be clean. I'm generally pretty easy on phones, but this one it's taking it too well.

I remember one of my old flip phones. I had it in my pocket and somehow managed to get the perfect angle on the charging port with a single stem of hay. It took out all the tiny wires and bent them sideways. Luckily I was up for a new phone anyway.

I have a Samsung S5 active as well. Don't believe the hype. Trust me. I had the phone a week or 2 before it took a mild fall from the truck seat to the driveway. Broke. I have a Pelican case for it now, but the phone still has issues. I can barely open the case when I want to clean it, but my toddler can drop the thing from a foot or 2 off the ground and the case goes flying apart. Forget about using the headphone jack. It's so clogged up with hay, wood chips, and pocket lint it'll never be clean. I'm generally pretty easy on phones, but this one it's taking it too well.

I remember one of my old flip phones. I had it in my pocket and somehow managed to get the perfect angle on the charging port with a single stem of hay. It took out all the tiny wires and bent them sideways. Luckily I was up for a new phone anyway.

Dunno, has held up well for me. Did kill one in the clothes washer though. It even survived getting drove over by the 200 excavator. Track pads lined up I guess and didn't crush it.

As far as phone on me, it's my business line so it's a fact of life. Don't take or return calls, people go elsewhere.

I have a cheap case. I think the brand is I-blason. It has flaps that cover the ports. Good for keeping sawdust, or really any kind of dust/lint out of the phone. I tried otter box and I prefer the I-blason

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,010.6 KB · Views: 15
Back