Wood Chips In My iPhone Jacks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris-PA

Where the Wild Things Are
Reaction score
OK, am I the only one who has to pick out wood chips from the power jack in my phone? I keep it in my front pants pocket and it's always getting chips packed into the jacks when I work. I've had to do this so many times I figure someone else must have experienced it too!

I always get sand in the jacks on my Samsung, I use a q tip on the earphone jack and tooth pick with some tissue paper on the charging jack. Get a cover that protects the jack from getting debris in them. Mine is almost to the point now were I have to take it apart and totally clean it. I keep mine in my pant pocket and were coveralls and it still gets bad.

Just the cost of doin binuss for me. Cut off the beaten path a lot, by myself. Gotta have it with me just in case. Makes the wife feel better as well.
I'll keep it with me in that case too. At least my BIL could normally find me if I'm out in the woods by my hunting cabin.

Otter box defender series. Best damn protection on the market. I had a 4s for a while and I would drop and smack on that thing all the time and it was next to bullet proof for me. Even when my phone wore out and my temper wore thin because I needed my phone and I chucked it at the shop wall phone never broke... Has little rubber tabs on the bottom to keep crap out of the jacks as well... Seriously try on you won't regret it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like some of us needs to join WUA (Wireless Users Anonymous); a group for those addicted to wireless devices. Some are so addicted that they rather lose their life just to answer a phone call.

None of us needs the extra distractions when working with dangerous equipment. I had relative that fell while climbing and died because of trying to answer a call.; just plain stupid.

Otter Box Commuter case on my iPhone 6+. I get chips and dust stuck to the screen protector occasionally, but the little rubber tabs cover all the I/O ports nicely.

Having a phone on you is a safety thing - not a distraction. You can set it on vibrate and don't have to answer calls. It's for your use in case of an emergency. For that reason, even with wood chips and such, it's nice to have it on your person instead of leaving it behind. Sometimes I leave it on the seat of my tractor while I'm nearby cutting, but I don't always have the tractor with me.

Sounds like some of us needs to join WUA (Wireless Users Anonymous); a group for those addicted to wireless devices. Some are so addicted that they rather lose their life just to answer a phone call.

None of us needs the extra distractions when working with dangerous equipment. I had relative that fell while climbing and died because of trying to answer a call.; just plain stupid.
Way too many assumptions there - the phone is carried in case of emergency, or if I want to take a picture while I'm taking a break. I work alone most all of the time, often out of sight, and what neighbors I have are used to hearing me working and are not paying any attention to it. I notice the chips at the end of the day when I'm trying to plug in the charger.

The phone is just an old 5S and I could really care less about it or technological trinkets in general - I design electronics and I know it's meaningless garbage. If it failed I'd just take it apart and fix it, same as a chainsaw.

Latest posts

Back