wood day, lots a pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree on the safety equipment. I wear a forestry helmet because I sweat too much for glasses. I also like that the muffs on the helmet let me hear more than ear plugs. I wear chaps because they do seem to work, but they are a pain to move around in. Having a family and knowing I have a wife and kids that depend on me has changed my outlook on the safety stuff, definitely.
Dok

Dok,
What type of chaps do you use??

Butch,
Looks like a nice day of cutting with your family.

Dok,
What type of chaps do you use??

Labonville
I found they work better with work pants than Levis. The Levis keep bunching around the straps. My work pants are thicker material and not as loose in the leg, so the straps ride over the pants better. It's still hard to run fast in them, which I had to do today actually. :)
Dok

Nice shed and a nice pile of wood.

You're gonna miss your sons when they're gone. Maybe they'll still come over the day after Thanksgiving and help you cut even after they leave.

My sons still help me once in awhile.

My dad took me and my two brothers to my grandparents every summer to cut their wood and then cut ours when we were kids.

Some of the best times of my life in those woods.

KRS

Thanks for the great pics....you and your boys spare no time in getting the job 100% done eh? From standing to stacked in one day...great job!

Latest posts

Back