Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats nice and all... i guess the bags are taking some stress off the shocks and leafs?
but your truck is still EXTREMELY overloaded. your rear end.. tires.. bearings... everything.
it might not be squatted but youre beating the #### out of that little taco with all that oak

kind of reminds me of the guy with the air shocks - never taking into the account those air shocks are still mounted to the same brackets the other shocks are, and the weight rating did noto increase on his tires, and the rear end is still tiny and has bearings inside it.

airbags are for looks, its still a taco, youre still a couple thousand pounds over the gvwr from the looks of it

Not a taco. It's a T100 but still VERY overloaded.

Not a taco. It's a T100 but still VERY overloaded.

Is it?

My eye is saying that's less then half a cord -- I was figuring 6' x 2' high x 4' wide if you evened it all out.

That's .375 of a cord x 5,000#/cord for Red Oak (I don't know what he has there)...1875# which is right around the payload rating. Yeah, he's a bit over once the driver gets in :) But it's not spit-my-coffee-out-OMFG-look-at-that overloaded.

but youre beating the #### out of that little taco with all that oak

airbags are for looks, its still a taco, youre still a couple thousand pounds over the gvwr from the looks of it

My current truck and that pic is a Tundra.
DSC05104.jpg

The old set up was a T100. The TRD is all TUNDRA!! And a member of another forum helped me guess at the weight of that load doing some fancy math. It was around 3000. Luckily I only hauled that about 150 yards to my house, not getting past 25mph, so no, I am NOT beating the piss out of that taco. :clap:

And I have E load range tires. ;)
DSC05105.jpg

Thanks for the concern thou! :tongue2:

Last edited:
The newer Tundra has a really strong rear axle...they can take a pretty good load...Its the frame you gotta watch out for once the truck gets older...between rust and fatigue I've seen them fail occasionally on trucks that worked hard there whole life ..I know when i load my GMC 2500HD full of red oak freshly cut..it's about the most I'm comfortable with ...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I was finally able to get a picture of the with a load of wood in it. It's only taken me 2 years..... LOL Not the best quality pic in the world, but it's the best I can do with my $10 TracPhone :) For some reason the truck looks a little short and stubby in the pic. Oh well.

Woodhauler.jpg

1993 F250 4x4 ext cab, 7.3L IDI diesel, 5spd manual, manual locking hubs. I just added the side rails this past weekend, and they still need a little work. The truck has about 9/10 of a cord of green hickory on it.

Last edited:
Santa just brought this for the kids. It's an 02 CarryAll 2 stake body with manual dump. It was orange but has camo vinyl on it now. The frame and panels are all aluminum and it will handle 800lbs in the rear.

I have 3 carryall 2s....they are great work carts! You will love it..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

our wood trailer we pull behind the tractor it holds a face cord and dumps ( the kid in the pic doesnt run the saw)

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

We've got 3 4 wheelers and 4 trailers but this is my most effiecent for get wood in the yard. I lever the butt of a full length tree (limbed) and drag it into our firewood processing area.
DSCN0281.jpg

The Bravo will haul about as big a log as I can get on it!

It's nothing special...just a fairly typical Left Coast logging truck. KW T-800. Cummins ISX 460. 18 speed trans. 4:10 gearing. 46,000 rear ends with double lockers. 4 bag air suspension. Jake.

Are double locker pretty common out there? I used to work as a grease monkey in a Kenworth dealership doing mostly transmissions and rears and we hardly ever saw double lockers except for on a few dump trucks and cement mixers.

Latest posts

Back