Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now here's a serious dump trailer for sale on tulsa craigslist
he wants $5k... what a deal!

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/grd/667747491.html

01020901030401160520080504f2c86beaefeb41750900e1f8.jpg

010112010204011602200805048ffc783752994fa80c00c7c0.jpg

Last edited:
Just cut this today. My tractor is a 1955 Oliver Super 55 diesel, pushing around 45 hp. I use an old truck frame thats about 12 feet long to haul most of my wood. I get it up to the house, then cut and split it beside the pile.

That's a good pic! Quite the load behind the old Oliver. Does that tractor have the "Hydra-Power Drive"? One of my father-in-law's Olivers has that. Kind of a neat option.

Nope, it does have 6 forward 2 reverse gears. Its not much bigger than an N series ford, but has an independent PTO, Auxillary Hydraulics, and much more power. Believe it or not, I have had enough wood on the 3 point to float the front tires off the ground. Its my baby, wouldn't trade it for the world. The hydra drive was on the larger series olivers.

I really enjoyed the pics of everyone else's wood haulers, so here's a couple pics of my mine. It's really thick in my woods, so I have to cut trails to get back there and I need something small. If it's in a more open area, I use the tractor and just load the trailer with the loader. The first pic is of my mule, set up for wood cutting and hauling out the results.

attachment.php

Once I get the wood out and split, I break out the Dodge. It's a 92' one ton 4x4, Cummins Diesel with a five speed and heavy duty flatbed. I can even fit a full cord in the back if I stack it in high in the center. Here it is yesterday with a load of wood for my dad on a trailer I built last winter. (For the safety patrol yes, it has brakes). I can fit two cords in there loose if I really heap the wood on.

attachment.php

Kind of hard to tell, but are those #### Cepek SpiderTrac tires on the back of the Mulie?

Awesome trailer. I'd like something like that, but would prefer a gooseneck. Sure can haul alot of wood!

Apparently I can't use the name Dic* without getting censored. My previous post I was talking about Dic* Cepek tires.

ole big reds rock grew up with these dont know how many boats we launched with the big reds they were beast its funny my kids look at ole pictures of us in the desert with 3 wheelers back in the 80s there like you guys were just weird!!!

I LOVE MY BIG RED! Until the snow is more than 8" deep anyway! Have to make my loads smaller if the snow is too deep. Only problem I've had is that a few weeks ago my starter stopped working. Appears to be that the brushes are bad. I'll have to get that fixed before the weather gets too much colder!

The Mule has Deestone Swamp Witches. They actually have a hilarious cartoon witch flying on a broomstick across a yellow moon on the sidewall. They are actually really good tires, 6 ply, and under 50 apiece for 24" 11W.

Also, if I would have had the Dodge when I built the trailer It would be a gooseneck and also bigger! But, it does the job.

No pretty snow pic's like some of you have but here's my hauler anyway. This setup is actually used for mainly yard debris and garbage but I was using the trailer as a wheelbarrow and in the interest of this thread threw it on the quad. :cheers: I plan on building a wood shed about 150yds behind the house to season wood so this will come in handy to haul loads up to the house at some point. I am also going to build side boards for this trailer to up its capacity some.

woodhauler.jpg

wood 4 heat,

how does that rincon handle a loaded trailer? I have a rubicon and a foreman but i am looking at upgrading to a rincon. I have done some research and know overall its a great bike and the best ride honda has ever come up with. I have heard reports of best IRS system in any bike. I guess the biggest probelsm reported with it were lack of engine brake (not a big deal for me) the 3 speed auto was awkward at times and lacked torque for climbing and towing, and not having a low end first gear only compounded the problem.

What are your thoughts and experiences? What year is it?

Our two wood haulers

Mine is the newer one in front and the back one is my Son's. This is after last Saturday's cutting.
loads.jpg

BTW, the back load will only go about 50 yards down the highway so it's not strapped. Although you cannot see it that well, our "buster" is in the back.

Suz-- That's quite the load on the 3/4 ton! :clap: Your son's 1/2 ton must be on the stops!:clap::jawdrop: :clap: :jawdrop: :clap::jawdrop: :clap:

Mine is the newer one in front and the back one is my Son's. This is after last Saturday's cutting.
loads.jpg

BTW, the back load will only go about 50 yards down the highway so it's not strapped. Although you cannot see it that well, our "buster" is in the back.

Good lord that is a Sh*tton of firewood on those trucks. :jawdrop:

I though i loaded mine down bad.

Suz-- That's quite the load on the 3/4 ton! Your son's 1/2 ton must be on the stops!

My Son's truck is also a 3/4 ton, but only a 2 wheel drive. BTW, we use this truck to pull the logs out of the woods to our working area because we can put all kinds of dents on it without any worries. We put a load on it and start pulling logs!

Jim

My neighbour just came home with a new Chev 3/4 ton and New Bi-Mar dump trailer... (he's my new best friend, just haven't told him yet)

Back