Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loaded

Picture162-1.jpg

I'll say!!!

Picked up a new to me wood hauler last week. Didn't want to change my sig, so another Chev it had to be. It needs a trans, but the price was right, it's a 3/4T, and came with an 8'6" Western plow in decent shape except for needing some paint real bad.

It's a 91, 350. Not sure if I'll rebuild the 700R4 or go for a TH400 swap, I think I know where there's a good one available.

Went from 200K on the 88 to 72K on this one, a little less rust, and more beef where it counts. The 88's future is as yet undecided, might be a parts rig, might go on CL, or might just put farm plates on it and keep it around.

Couple pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

As much as i hate it, i use my truck. I really need a trailer i hate loading the wood in the truck. Im kinda a pre modonna when it comes to my rig. It also doesnt like the weight directly in the bed, cause its lowered in the rear. Im thinking about going to airbags so i can still keep it lowered but haul alot! It has 186K on it....
Here it is all cleaned up
IMG_4230.jpg

And here it is doing work
p_00071.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up a new to me wood hauler last week. Didn't want to change my sig, so another Chev it had to be. It needs a trans, but the price was right, it's a 3/4T, and came with an 8'6" Western plow in decent shape except for needing some paint real bad.

It's a 91, 350. Not sure if I'll rebuild the 700R4 or go for a TH400 swap, I think I know where there's a good one available.QUOTE]

Im pretty sure you have a 4L80E or a TH 400(3L80) in that truck....its 8600 GVWR,GM didnt put the 700R4 in trucks over 8510 GVWR.....they did make a 3/4T 7200GVWR 6 lug truck in 91,it did have a 700r4....Im sure your pretty knowledgable,but in case you arent sure the 700R4 has a perfectly rectangular pan,a 4L80e is rounded at the back.Either way,nice truck!

Im pretty sure you have a 4L80E or a TH 400(3L80) in that truck....its 8600 GVWR,GM didnt put the 700R4 in trucks over 8510 GVWR.....they did make a 3/4T 7200GVWR 6 lug truck in 91,it did have a 700r4....Im sure your pretty knowledgable,but in case you arent sure the 700R4 has a perfectly rectangular pan,a 4L80e is rounded at the back.Either way,nice truck!

My brother and I are working on restoring a 1971 Pontiac Catalina Safari Wagon that has a 400V8 and TH400 tranny. That tranny is BIG!

Thats what I get for ASS-U-MEing. I'll crawl under and take a better look in the morning.

In a mostly unrelated story, but still on topic, I finally finished putting a new bed on my old wood wagon. It's 8x14 with 9.00x20 truck tires under it, plenty stout for hauling 1 1/2 cords at a crack. Mostly a farm trailer, if it sees the road, it's behind the tractor.

If anyone wants to see a blow by blow account of the rebuild, check the last couple pages of this thread: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=86733

Before:

attachment.php

After:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's a nice looking wagon Steve! Thanks for the link to the other post, I don't delve into the off topic forum to much but that's a good one. That's pretty country you have up there, I wish Northern Illinois was as rolling and hilly as Northern Wisconsin!!

My new to me wood hauler I picked off of Craigs for $1000. Kind of a upgrade from the chevy 1/2ton

1st tree take down this summer. Went through the coop's scales to get a visual referance of size of load to weight. Just a bit over 6500lbs..payload

DSCN0001.JPG

DSCN0763.JPG

I did paint over that weight sticker on the side of the bed..

Latest posts

Back