Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dump trailer is a Pequea 5' x 8' single axle with a single ram and 5' sides. It is a 5000 pound trailer, but will dump almost 8000 pounds. I highly recommend getting one as it has saved me from beating up my new truck. I think they are aound $5000 new, but I found mine on craigslist for $2200 and it was only two years old. Great for firewood as well as tree removal. I will take some pics this weekend or next week possibly.

Thanks for the info on your trailer.

Kevin

LAH,very nice C3500HD!!! Your right about the 454 being better....its much better esp for the C3500HD,the 6.5 is a hit or miss engine,some were good,many not so good...esp with the 94 and newer electronic controlled 6.5's... Thats a pretty stout truck,I am looking for a solid one with a bad 6.5 so i can drop a 12V cummins in.....

I've had no experience with the 6.5 or personally know anyone with that engine. Do you have a plan for a 6.5 to Cummins swap?

I've had no experience with the 6.5 or personally know anyone with that engine. Do you have a plan for a 6.5 to Cummins swap?
My dad had a 94 6.5 turbo,my family had 3 of them...a few of my friends had them.I loved them,very smooth and decent on fuel.....but when they get older..they can be problematic ....there are fixes for the issues they have if you are willing to go down that road. I am a fan of the simple,economical,dependable and powerful 12v cummins 5.9.A C3500HD is a strong truck.......

my Tonka hauling a load

IMGP0952-1.jpg

Here is my newest wood hauler. My last one of these had a single axle and dragged ahss with a load of wood. Me thinks this carries some honkers.

attachment.php

this is what i use in the woods or in the yard and the trusty land rover with trailer for every thing else

this is what i use in the woods or in the yard and the trusty land rover with trailer for every thing else

I owned one of those for a couple of years. 4 wheel drive dump buggy with a hand crank starter on a diesel engine. Lots of fun. Early 50's vintage I think. Wish I still had it.

Our Wood Hauler

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2kOtj8xQPs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n2kOtj8xQPs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Latest posts

Back