Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya if you bust the back window out once you'll wish you had a rack...lol ,been there...

:crazy1:

Haha, I figured that out last month....$140 for a new window.:bang: I'm still undecided on a headache rack, a lot of them don't offer the protection I want and others are just plain ugly and awkward. A piece of plywood does the trick at the moment.

I only worry when loading split firewood, I learned to not throw rounds years ago.

BTW, had a good size load on my truck and my buddies trailer, wish I had brought the camera today:censored:. We are putting an ass whooping on a 30" White Oak and some other stuff.

i had an old ford f150 when me and my wife started our farm. she slung a piece of wood and it bounced took out the back window.....she just laughed, until i explained she would now be driving it until i got it fixed...now the other day she broke a taillight out of my super duty doing same thing. ahhh i have learned to cover the back window with a wood rack and side boards....she is a good wood chucker and a good pilot though... i guess i will keep her around....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Suppose I should post a pic of the new truck hauling a load...

attachment.php

Looks good griz! I was down your way last weekend. Lotsa maple syrup lines running in the bluff country down there.

Looks good griz! I was down your way last weekend. Lotsa maple syrup lines running in the bluff country down there.

I think the local sugarbush's spring open house is coming up here in april sometime. Before dad and his friends would go out west prarie dog hunting they would stock up on cheese curds and real maple syrup for the landowners. Said the stuff was like gold out west.

My wood truck

1977 F-350
4sp manual
300 I-6
3.18 rear end(I think)
Some homemade cedar sideboards.( I know!I know! They are a little short for massive overloading of wood):msp_biggrin:
Some folks over in the milling forum might have seen these pics already.:cheers:

IMG_1132.JPG

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1135.JPG

IMG_1134.JPG

Finally got some sideboards and a "headache rack" on the Dodge.

attachment.php

2x10 sides and a 2x12 w/2x4 for the back window. Cost a grand total of $27. All the fasnters were leftovers from another project.

Cut those bolts down Grizz, you will thank me later for not catching your shirt,gloves or hand on them when unloading.

Beefie

that is awful pretty :clap:

love the saw holders:rock:
but I would have thought hanging them off the back or the sides would allow you to stack more wood :dunno:

pretty good waste of some GOOD LOOKING ceder :D :D (that a joke son)

LOVE the truck BTW....would like to have one of those around here.

oh BTW grisslyadams86 he my hero.... ;)

[video=youtube;de_P2aUZJyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de_P2aUZJyA[/video]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back