Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the Doodlebug. Will an old Toyota ever be as "neat" as vintage American iron?

haulinwood_1s.jpg

July_2010_bed_raised_small.jpg

It dawned on me that I never added to this thread after acquiring my current wood hauler.

Sold my 2nd gen Cummins dually last winter; couldn't justify the payment; still needed a truck though...

So I forked over some cash for this '82 Dodge 1 ton 2 wheel drive beauty! (yes the pictures were taken last January)

DSC01508Medium.jpg

DSC01510Medium.jpg

Complete with redneck homebrewed overload springs :laugh:

DSC01500Medium.jpg

Wood shims holding in the radio :rock:

DSC01506Medium.jpg

And a fully functioning dump bed :D

DSC01496Medium.jpg

Not one gauge works, nor any body panel exist in a straight manner, and the passenger door likes to pop open at inopportune times, but the engine runs strong, it was one of the few I could find with a manual trans, and the dump bed will laugh as it muscles out a full load of green oak. It evens hauls our trash to the transfer station without complaining about the smell.

It dawned on me that I never added to this thread after acquiring my current wood hauler.

Sold my 2nd gen Cummins dually last winter; couldn't justify the payment; still needed a truck though...

So I forked over some cash for this '82 Dodge 1 ton 2 wheel drive beauty! (yes the pictures were taken last January)

DSC01508Medium.jpg

DSC01510Medium.jpg

DSC01500Medium.jpg

DSC01506Medium.jpg

DSC01496Medium.jpg

Not one gauge works, nor any body panel exist in a straight manner, and the passenger door likes to pop open at inopportune times, but the engine runs strong, it was one of the few I could find with a manual trans, and the dump bed will laugh as it muscles out a full load of green oak. It evens hauls our trash to the transfer station without complaining about the smell.

Nothing like a vintage truck with a personality, neat truck............................

Some "RED" wood haulers

[video=youtube;l1gNPEVpmo4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1gNPEVpmo4&feature=player_embedded[/video]
[video=youtube;sTaUy4RWO7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTaUy4RWO7E&feature=player_embedded[/video]

:msp_smile: Ron

So I forked over some cash for this '82 Dodge 1 ton

DSC01500Medium.jpg

DSC01496Medium.jpg

Say what they want, a one ton dump is handy. I'm getting air ride for the back on mine it has factory overloads too:)

017-1.jpg

003.jpg

Thought I would post a pic of my wood hauler, its a 03 F350 with a 7.3 powerstroke also has a 9 ft. EZ dumper insert. This is a load of wood I am dropping off to my dad. Other pic is of my girl Lyla, she goes everywhere with me. Wish I could figure out how to get all the wood I cut into water because she would haul it all for me. God I love that dog!!!!

Last edited:
you sir have a stunning truck.. :msp_w00t: amazing.. That's a great color and all..

Thank you kindly:) I plan to adapt the granny 4 to a cummins if the 400 lays down but since it has 25k on rebuild prolly be a while lol!

It has the same name my silver 69 malibu had lol the silver ghost, it taint as fast as the malibu though lol:cheers:

Last edited:
Rope, go for the Cummins swap, I could use the 400! :cry: Pretty sure my 390 block is cracked. Tired of messing with it, so just gonna try to find a runner to swap in there.

Need me some input.. I'm looking at getting a wood hauler/ work truck..

Right now I'm considering 2 - a 97' Chev and a 95 Ford. I don't know much about 1ton's..

Both have dumps, both are deisel. Chev has 280K km and the ford has 140,000
1tonc.jpg

1ton2.jpg

Last edited:
Back