Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey richard, is that a Sears David Bradley trailer or is it the Ben Hurr version? Going to try and buy one this morning to pull behind my Jeep for getting wood from the the hard to reach places.

how do you like it? I was going to put some small sides on to haul more (but not so much I can't still easily unload it)

Unfortunately, the one I am looking at is in pretty rough shape. It has been patched on the front sides and the entire inside is lined with stainless sheet. Should still do what I want but it would be tough to restore it.

Thats a sweet truck buddy, fun in the woods for sure...

nice little trailer , mine is a Sears and Robuck , its ruff but solid , i got it for $165.00 , what did you give for yours
?

View attachment 206805View attachment 206806View attachment 206807

See if this worked, first time attaching photos.

Woods truck, filled with wood. Basswood, not best but wood is wood. Truck actually belongs to the land owner, a good friend who considers me as a son. He got he truck for free, and I put the 454 in it. Has 3 speed stick, and with low range, it goes like a tank.

Trailer is how I bring processed wood home. I started with partial frame and built the rest up. Between axles, brakes, new tires, and etc, I have about $700 into it.

Pics worked for me!

Nice trailer! I'd like to made removable sides for ours. Makes it a whole lot easier to unload.

nice little trailer , mine is a Sears and Robuck , its ruff but solid , i got it for $165.00 , what did you give for yours
?

had to give $225 for mine but it came with a new light kit and it was only 2 miles from my work, so didn't have to go far to get it.
I am going to paint it to match my Jeep and add a little metal here and there as well as some sides so it will hold more

Thats a sweet truck buddy, fun in the woods for sure...

Gavman, not sure if you are talking about Richard's Toyota or my Jeep but thanks
my Jeep is definitely fun in the woods and goes pretty much anyplace I want it to
Picture404.jpg

My custom built wood rack....it holds about half a cord of wood maybe a little more and has slots to accept the pallet forks ....when its loaded with oak its about 3000lbs...its a handy little rack..

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Well a little wood from over the weekend, trailer was full and still not even on its overloads, truck had about 1/3 full. New spot for me for wood, all elm. Don't have the camera right now so these will probably be small and not very good. I will update later with pics from the camera
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here are some pictures of my wood haulers. 1979 Jeep CJ7 with a 3/4 ton dodge pickup box trailer that I made.
attachment.php

My 1950 John Deere B that my Dad purchased at an auction when I was approximately 8 years old. The trailer that I pull with the John Deere was my Grandpa's old David Bradley haywagon that he purchased from Sears and Roebuck company in the 1950's, and I installed the flatbed on that off of my Dad's 1979 Ford F250.
attachment.php

I also included a picture of my 1947 Dodge Wh47 2 Ton truck with a 13' flatbed.
attachment.php

Not pictured are my 1992 Dodge W250 Diesel 4x4 and my 1989 Dodge W250 Snow Commander 4x4 and also my 2003 Yamaha Grizzley 660that I use for getting the wood out. I usually use the one that has the least amount of wood in it. I like to use the Jeep- it is easily manueverable in the woods. I did have a couple more Dodge trucks, but recently reduced the size of my fleet and sold 2 of them. And no, I do not run a business- these are all just my personal "toys".
I may have a bit of CAD, but also have a little issue with Old Dodge trucks. I hope that my pictures come up on here - I haven't had the best luck so far getting pictures to come up in my threads.

Got my camera back so here are some pics from over the weekend big enough you can actually see them lol. Next time need to bring the shotgun lots of pheasants!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Me filling the trailer tires off of the truck they were a little low with that weight in them, first time using the trailer for wood. Really nice having onboard air to fill tires and blow off saws, air filters, ect.
attachment.php

GF who helped cut using one of my home depot 6401 makita's, she cut, loaded, hauled and stacked too. Now she wants to sell her stihl and buy the Makita LOL, sorry stihl guys yet another convert!
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back