Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dang man, thems some nice lookin wood haulers there. sure beats hand loading and hand unloading a pickup. ill bet the winches and dump boxes are nice to have.

Haha yeah. That trailer is 7K GVW and Im looking for a 14K trailer. It was overloaded in those pictures :msp_biggrin: In the last picture I went to leave and the trailer deck was sitting on the tires. I had to unload some wood. I was only going 3 or 4 miles though.

I'll put my guess at over double the 7k... When i load my 14k 7x 14 dump w 3 ft sides up to the top with mixed hardwoods mostly oak and locust it's over 15k...you've got more room to load with 8x16...I'm sure my trailers empty weight is about 1500 more than yours but your clearly carrying more wood than I am.... Your getting your money's worth out of that trailer!

here's my wood hauler

220451d1327838654-002-jpg

cheater

Here is a picture of my wood hauler, I have posted pics of it before but I thought this picture I took this morning just looks cool.
attachment.php

Nice truck. My neighbors got one just like it I though about buying, but can't seem to find anywhere to get parts for the old Dodges. Think his is a 47 model. Where do you find parts at?

Alot of the parts can be bought from napa. The inline 6 (251c.i.) was use from way back then up into the 70's or later. I am also a member on a forum about this era of trucks, just like old chainsaws parts can be hard to come by.

photo-73.jpg

M101a2 Mil Trailer I got for around $500 via auction. Works great!:rock:

Its uber tough, has functioning surge brakes, parking brakes, front and rear adjustable "landing gear", mil-spec off-road tires and a pintle hitch/lunette set-up that is perfect for the crazy tow angles achieved when extracting wood from the outback. Been real solid and versatile.

W/ the parking brakes and f/r landing gear, you can park it and load/unload or jump in/out of it without fear of it tipping/moving. Love it.

Last edited:
Nice Trailer! Did you get that on Gov Liquidation?

What kind of truck do you haul it with, I really want to get one.

Also what hitch did you buy?

Enjoy!

Nice Trailer! Did you get that on Gov Liquidation?

What kind of truck do you haul it with, I really want to get one.

Also what hitch did you buy?

Enjoy!

Thanks!

Yep, a GL acquisition. Depending on your location/luck, you can get one for as little as $250. The thing needed nothing - full tread tires, fresh grease oozing from the bearings, fully functional everything, etc. W/ the surge brakes, it tows like its not even there. I highly reccomend one for all your hauling needs!

I'm using a solid-shanked 14 hole pintle hitch assembly w/ a reinforced back plate I got from etrailer. Working very well.

I haul it w/ my modded Isuzu Uber-Trooper (202k miles and still hauling strong).

photo-72.jpg

Awesome. I was reading a thread on these trailers on another forum and they seem very versatile and for a great price.

Latest posts

Back