Wood Hauler Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TJ-Bill

TJ-Bill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Here's my wood hauler/ gas sucker..

l4as.jpg

OH_Varmntr

OH_Varmntr

Burner of stored sunlight
I've been trying to sell my truck and buy one of these for awhile..

I bought my truck for the sole purpose of hauling wood and heavy stuff. It sits most of the year because honestly it's not very feasible to drive daily with a 6-spd manual and the fact that it rides like crap. But when I hook a load to it, I am reminded as to why I bought such a heavy duty pickup. :)

OH_Varmntr

OH_Varmntr

Burner of stored sunlight
Nice! I think the 01.5 trucks (mine falls into that "year") were the first available with the 8800# GVWR rating which included factory overload leafpacks and a Dana 80HD rear end with rear disc brakes. I know the original owner and he always said this truck could handle loads better than their 1-ton Chevy pickups.

Laird006

Laird006

ArboristSite Lurker
mine has the dana 80 and is 8800 gvw too. I have a few of these. Other is a 96 ext shortbed I built out of two trucks. All SRW diesels from 94-02 are 8800 GVWR as far as I know. Springs on this truck are TIRED. sits on the overload empty. As far as I know the only change from 94 to 02 was the 24 valve, rear disks, and 6 speed instead of 5. Btw I'm on cummins forum too. cant beat the trucks, however, rust is a major issue, the truck in the pics is slated for frame repair and a body swap/restoration this winter