Wood Mizer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used an older LT25 quite a bit. Nice mill. Some folks poopoo the cantilever design but I like it myself. As far as I could tell it's just as strong as any tunnel mill I've seen. You can also use that open side to your advantage on odd shaped logs.

I have a LT40 non hydraulic WoodMizer. I mainly use it for building a timberframe home that I've been whittling away at for almost 10 years now. I like the mill, it has given me very little trouble. It has a good tough frame, I've dropped a few big logs on it (not intentionally) and it has stood up well.

Yesterday I hauled it down the road to mill some white oak, red oak, and poplar for the town of Woodstock Highschool. The teacher himself helped out. It was a good feeling to know you helped a bunch of people and had fun in the process.:)

I have a LT40 non hydraulic WoodMizer. I mainly use it for building a timberframe home that I've been whittling away at for almost 10 years now. I like the mill, it has given me very little trouble. It has a good tough frame, I've dropped a few big logs on it (not intentionally) and it has stood up well.

Yesterday I hauled it down the road to mill some white oak, red oak, and poplar for the town of Woodstock Highschool. The teacher himself helped out. It was a good feeling to know you helped a bunch of people and had fun in the process.:)
It's always great to introduce people to milling. Last saturday some of the guys and i in the Environmental Science Club milled some slabs and half rounds out of a dead standing scarlet oak for benches in a natural area at Mountain Empire Community College. Hand-crafted benches and a lesson in sustainable forestry in one shot.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back