Wood Wheelbarrow done w/ pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chugbug

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Got the wood-wheelbarrow done , turned out pretty good , only have 14.00 in it , the cost of the new handles , everything else I had laying around .

attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks guys , I took the bar off the front so it won't dig in anymore and braced it in the front really good , didn't put sides on it because I cut pallets and now can haul them to , there quite a bit longer and hang over the sides . I was going to throw this thing away when the handle broke because I could never find handles for under 15.00 each , I lucked out at a liquidation center . The metal tub was really beat also and had holes in it so I figured it was headed for the scrap pile untill this idea came along.!!

Great utilization of an old wheelbarrow..... should be handy for toting wood to and from. I need to find an old dolly and make some mods for moving my 15 gallon ash barrel around. Good Job !!!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Could have made handles from log with a chainsaw, and put that $14 to better use.....:givebeer:

Old handles have broken in the past, and making new ones is a walk in the park, elm is your friend.

Last edited:
Thanks for the idea

I have an old wheel barrow frame that got ruy and dented, that shou work for this.

Thanks for the cool idea for next project!

Dave

Here's mine

It isn't pretty but I've hauled a fair amount of wood with it over the years. And everything was free.

attachment.php

I see the wheel....where is the...

I see the wheel....where is the barrow?:clap: nice job! Way to think outside our "normal" thinking!

Dan
attachment.php

Back