Woodcutting pics from today---Jonsereds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bama

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Karlstad, MN---Where the earth meets the sky.
Lots of pics. I seemed to miss out on the 630 in pictures, but my youngest did some editing on the camera and they may have been deleted. Used the 630 and 490 the most, but also ran over a tank through the 920(put the dogs on today, too). 490 had a 16" bar, 630 ran a 20", and the 920 ran a 24".

The one where I am standing by the river has to do with pulling part of the tree out of the river. It didn't go exactly where I wanted it to go, but in these woods, I get to practice felling without hurting anything or anybody. Still working on getting leaners to move more sideways, but am getting better. There is another pic of a different oak falling. I wouldn't let my boys get close while I was making the cuts, so no pics of the wedging. Directly behind the trees is the river. Many of these trees died due to partial washout of the roots, so not much room to work. The biggest was about 24-25" diameter.

One separate picture has my oldest speaking to Senator Byron Dorgan. I put that one in because I am a proud dad(in the background taking video). Our robotics team was demonstrating at a Technology convention in Fargo, ND on October 12th. Michael is the team captain and head designer. The team is pursuing a patent on a quick attach system that could work for any type of trailer.

My two boys are my helpers. Age 13 and 10, so they really make it much easier on me. As you can see in one of the pics, my youngest always wants to outdo the oldest.

Also, a picture of my woodpile for this year. I think I have enough, so we are cutting for next year.

what size splitter you got feeding it

Homemade. Takes 20" pieces. Only a 2-way split. Hydro is belt driven off a 10 HP briggs from a 1970 TORO lawnmower. Self contained pump and tank. Single stage. We used what we had to make it work. Aircraft tires(spray plane). The conveyor motor is a 5 hp Briggs and all it does is idle. Still can't keep up with the splitter.

So wheres the river?All I see is a little creek:hmm3grin2orange:Nice pics,thanks.

Come spring, it gets to be about 1/2 to 3/4 mile wide. Also has done it in the summer. A bit drier the past 3 months, so that helps.:cheers:

Last edited:
Looks good neigbor to the west of me I have also a so called river on my proprety east branch of the Warroad river looks mostly like a creek unless it rains hard.

That is alot of weight in that truck plus the trailer! That looks like a 1/2 ton of light duty 3/4. You have add-a-leaves on that truck?

Yep. Wish I had the full 3/4, but I make do. Trailer is pretty balanced, so not much weight on the hitch. No add on springs, but I look underneath and keep about 1" of play before they bottom out on rear end. Also, only drive about 30 mph on the way home. I stay on the county tar roads so not much traffic to pass me.

Latest posts

Back