Woodmaster LT90

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platoon Daddy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey everyone!,

This is a great site and I'm glad that I happened to stumble onto it the other day. I grew up poor heating with wood right here in the rural west central Missouri northern Ozarks, and now that I'm getting ready to retire from the military I'm looking at purchasing an outdoor wood furnace to heat my 1600sq ft manufactured home. I miss the good honest work of cutting/splitting firewood and I'm not enjoying my all electric light bills during the winter so much lol...not to mention my pension from Uncle Sam will not be astronomical. I own a decent amount of timber so I've got plenty of wood to keep it stoked indefinitely. I guess my question is this: does anyone have any knowledge/experience with this particular model of Woodmaster? A guy in my unit installs Woodmasters as a side business and has quoted me 6k complete turn key with no other hidden costs. This seems like a really good deal to me as most of my neighbors all have Hardys and the local Hardy dealer quoted me over 8k for a comparable model? I've google searched this model on the net and cant find much buzz....Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Platoon Daddy

I have a Hardy and love it. It's a very simple but effective design. However they are made out of all stainless steel which is probably the cost difference.

I'm a pretty big guy so I do wish the door was a little bit larger but it works. I just have to squeeze in there when lighting the stove the first time of the season.

Hear good things about Woodmaster but I have no personal experience with them.

Ive owned 2 Woodmaster owb stoves, great people to deal with and ive been very happy with the quality and simplicity of these stoves, as for your model and comparing them with other stoves im not sure. but WoodMaster has been good to me

I don't have an opinion on the stoves but I do on retiring from the military. THANK YOU for serving our country!!!

Back