Woodpiles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No picture yet, but...

I currently have almost 4 cords of red oak, white oak, locust, cherry and some ash, all hand split and stacked awaiting my purchase of an outdoor furnace this upcoming year. By then there will be 6 to 7 cords.

I have three boys, ages 8, 7 and 4. You know what? I'm not buying a splitter because there will be days when they just NEED to pound wood! Heck, there are days when I NEED to pound wood! I do some of my best thinking while splitting.

Go to my post on wood furnaces... I need help finding one possibly made in the Czeck Rep. called an "Orlon" or something like that. Anyone heard of them? Anyone that piles up the good wood like you guys should know.

Gopher

Nice 925's AX-MAN, It would be great to have one of the larger Homelites, my 12 is the biggest I have and of course everybody need something big for the difficult stuff. My next purchase will have to be something that burns up gas fast and makes big piles of sawdust even quicker.

Gypo is on vacation so someone has to keep the fires burning. About 20 below Zero here this morning and the wood splits nice.

Now we are logging!

were is Gypo vacationing????

Crofter said:
Gypo is on vacation so someone has to keep the fires burning. About 20 below Zero here this morning and the wood splits nice.

Now we are logging!
Gypo Vactioning in Porta-back-yarda??? :dizzy:
ps. nice wood hauler :) I like it.

Ponderosa is not a local name here, but it looks like what we call Jack pine. It doesn't have the staying power of some of the hard woods but the peckerpoles are easier to process than the bushy tops of hardwood. I use some for daytime wood.

:blob2: Ponderosa, and Jack Pine are two different species. I'm just a dumb ol' logger so I don't know all the technical differences. I know we have a little Jack pine here to though. Maybe someone can enlighten us on that.

Thanks for the compliment on the hinges, took a lot of practice pluss the fact that they were out in the open and didn't need to be manipulated.

redprospector said:
:blob2: Ponderosa, and Jack Pine are two different species. I'm just a dumb ol' logger so I don't know all the technical differences. I know we have a little Jack pine here to though. Maybe someone can enlighten us on that.

Thanks for the compliment on the hinges, took a lot of practice pluss the fact that they were out in the open and didn't need to be manipulated.
If I recall of the top of my head, Jack pine is one of the 11 SYP (southern yellow pine) species. Pretty hard stuff, did my front porch in SYP.

Iwish i had pictures of 03.I split 400face cord.and stackedthem.and threw them on the truck.and delivered them.and made some money.....

Back