woods port saw video thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is certainly no one way to port a saw. I've seen the same model saw with exhausts high and low, long intake durations with short blowdown, short intake durations with long blowdown, high compression, low compression. And they've been impressive in all configurations. What's fast one day in a certain circumstance loses the next. Way to many variables. Porting is a symphony, each change demands another, the artist continues to look for enhancements and other ways, some just do what others have done and let others pioneer the new ideas. It's all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like to change and look for another way
Keeps me interested.

Have you found this to be a rule for yourself Brad? Reason I ask is I was talking to Randy this weekend and he increased blowdown in a good running 661 he did, and it is now freakishly strong. If I remember correctly it's around 25 degrees.

I'm only speaking 0f 046/460 jugs.

Haven't you ran your manpleasers many times about this site? You still come back. Genius of mastermind to pawn your unsatisfactory business ethics here. There is a stickie to prove it.
Yeh I guess I need to change my name and get a new avatar,that makes it all better don't it?

I bet you lotion up every night and watch my videos, it's ok and when it warms up some I'll get you a few shirtless ones.

Yeh I guess I need to change my name and get a new avatar,that makes it all better don't it?

I bet you lotion up every night and watch my videos, it's ok and when it warms up some I'll get you a few shirtless ones.

Since you haven't backed up your threats towards me, that must be your homosexual tendensy fantacy towards me.

I don't need to watch your videos. I step over your stickered saws as I continue to the next round. Lol

Since you haven't backed up your threats towards me, that must be your homosexual tendensy fantacy towards me.

I don't need to watch your videos. I step over your stickered saws as I continue to the next round. Lol
Your onto me.
Love is a hard thing to hide.

Every person I know that has met you all say the same thing, your nothing in person like you are on here.

Your the very definition of keyboard commando.

I'm exactly the same all the time, no need for me to pretend I'm anything.

I like to try and think about what my dad would do and I bet he's the same as everyone else's, he wouldn't disrespect anyone that he didn't know and if he did he would be face to face and unfortunately that type of man is a endangered species now days.

If you or anyone else has a problem with me try being a man and if you can't talk to me in person then at least call me where you can hear my voice and we will work it out best we can.

Nobody's dad would be proud of any of this and I'm a dad,I have a 21 year old daughter and I pray she never reads any of this,how do you explain to someone that a person I don't know at all can say terrible things about you over a chainsaw or something even more stupid.

I wash my hands of it

An 046/044 hybrid "should" run better with more blowdown than a comparable 046 jug on an 046 case.

The smaller and tighter case should produce more pressure and fill the same jug volume faster, even though the total case volume is less.

It's in Bell's (?Blair's-the Dublin guy) book. They found in motorcycle engines that smaller cases made more power but needed physically lower transfers to stop them from blowing charge out of the exhaust.

That's the theory at least. What happens in the real world will violate it at times.

I never implied that anybody did,there's lots of ways to do it and I couldn't care less how anybody else does it.

Why would anybody care about how much blow down there using?
Look back through the hybrid build threads and see how much fighting has gone on over it.

If you have any kind of problem that you need help with please pm me and I'll give you my phone number and we can talk about it.

Remember what it's like to talk about a problem with the actual person you have a problem with?
I think a lot of guys have forgot or never knew.

You can say anything that you want on here about someone or something you don't know anything about and it's perfectly fine.

Seems pretty chicken **** to me though.

I'm all ears waiting to hear about the hybrids you have built.
That was very enlightening.

An 046/044 hybrid "should" run better with more blowdown than a comparable 046 jug on an 046 case.

The smaller and tighter case should produce more pressure and fill the same jug volume faster, even though the total case volume is less.

It's in Bell's (?Blair's-the Dublin guy) book. They found in motorcycle engines that smaller cases made more power but needed physically lower transfers to stop them from blowing charge out of the exhaust.

That's the theory at least. What happens in the real world will violate it at times.
I believe that this is correct for me
A stock transfer or its not enlarged much will be fine with short blowdown but if you open things up you need more and you need less exhaust and intake duration.
Everything affects everything else.

What's your thoughts on case capacity and how it affects everything else?
Does pressure trump volume?
Less overall charge under a little more pressure make more power than more charge moving slower or do they cancel each other out?
What If you ran less intake to gain crank compression and got both?
I think about it a lot and haven't made up my mind.

What felt stronger when you were testing that 460BB on the 044 and 460? Did the BB need the extra case volume of the 460?
I want to start gathering the parts to build a nice old 044 and may go hybrid.
This old red lever I worked on the other day got me wanting another
9c759a3e49b51d2a1c7b75077ed5b567.jpg

What felt stronger when you were testing that 460BB on the 044 and 460? Did the BB need the extra case volume of the 460?
I want to start gathering the parts to build a nice old 044 and may go hybrid.
This old red lever I worked on the other day got me wanting another
9c759a3e49b51d2a1c7b75077ed5b567.jpg

I think the problem with the big bore kit is the transfer tunnels aren't big enough. I was chatting with a guy this weekend about them wondering if think finger ports and bridge ports would help them because of the lack of room in the tunnels.

What's your thoughts on case capacity and how it affects everything else?
Does pressure trump volume?
Less overall charge under a little more pressure make more power than more charge moving slower or do they cancel each other out?
What If you ran less intake to gain crank compression and got both?
I think about it a lot and haven't made up my mind.

J I ran a 661 el moobs did on Sunday that was a freak! It had epoxy in the intake and lots of blowdown.
I'm not sure if the 661 has a tight case or not, I haven't been in one yet.

Back