Work shirt with zipper? So no saw chips will get into my under pants!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erwin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This happens a lot when I do large removals that I have to spike in the trunk, cut and drop or rig. Chips are shooting in right between my buttons. I cannot give up my shirts with large pocket for my iPhone and foldable ready glasses. I wonder what u guys wear when you are on the trunk. Trimming is fine since I can position which way the chips go. Thx for any advice. Erwin

T shirt, zip up hoodie, bigger zip up hoodie, and really big coat... that's my setup from 75* to -30*.

I'm hopping to find some kind of "upper wear" with zipper and regular shirt pockets. I guess that I can wear some kind of tight, cool under shirt and not tucked in. Then a regular shirt. However it gets quite hot when u do that kind work in a 90 degree hot day like yesterday here!

the Stein shirts at treestuff are great. Air flows right thru the vent out shirt and it zippers really close to your neck.

This happens a lot when I do large removals that I have to spike in the trunk, cut and drop or rig. Chips are shooting in right between my buttons. I cannot give up my shirts with large pocket for my iPhone and foldable ready glasses. I wonder what u guys wear when you are on the trunk. Trimming is fine since I can position which way the chips go. Thx for any advice. Erwin

On a couple of my work shirts my wife removed the buttons & sewed velcro from collar to bottom It can be closed as much/little as required works great you can buy adhesive backed so you can position & keep in place to aid sewing

Back