Worked on my first WildThing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
since I don't own any chainsaw stock really don't have a dog in the hunt but when I see someone having trouble getting an air filter cover off I have a little trouble with anything else he has to say.:popcorn:

I was surprised to find anyone would have trouble removing the air filter cover,
my 2450 poulan is one of the easier saws to work on, try replacing piston rings on a Solo 611:dizzy:
Drilling the baffle out makes a huge difference to performance with poulans, anyway for a cheap saw I think their ok.
There's no glory in comparing pro saws to consumer saws...

Well I only have one of them saws right now and it has a perfect piston and rings in it. Got any rings or pistons for a 245A?

mark actually i think i do have the 2638 rings i will have to double check and get back at you on that one thanks i got a xxv in my trailer from yesterday buy that still has compression

so we will see whats good on that model

but im sure i have the 2638 rings

craftsman 2.3

i got teh saw last april,,, and had quite a pile of logs from the township tree crews,, most was oak,, some maple and ash also, and a tree guy working down the street brought a big dump truck of hemlock,, it was all 4-8" long ,, some up to 18-20" dia, but mostly 8-12" dia....i spent most of the spring and early summer cuttin & splittin (with an ax), couple hours a day.... it is quite a nice little saw,,, i had the pros clean out and elevate my big pin oak, and i helped them cut up teh wood,, they were pretty impressed with it also...
don't get me wrong, its not a stihl,, but its the best craftsman saw i've ever run......

Latest posts

Back