worked with the 150T this morning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patrick62

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Several observations thus far.
I love the light weight!!! I was taking apart a 40' tall spruce, and the little guy did ok. One minor annoyance. It dies. Fire it up, blast thru a limb or two, let off the throttle and she goes dead. Sometimes it would stay running... I probably need to tweek the L screw some, and I just might add a touch of idle speed too. I knocked the top off, climbed down about 8ft, and finally got that cut off. For no bigger than the engine is, it worked fairly well.

Then the fun part was down at the bottom... hauled out the 461. Cut a nice notch, got it pointed the right way... the tree was leaning to the left, I can make this happen. carefully. Make the back cut, bring in a wedge. pop a second wedge in there. cut a little more... look at it. That is enough. pound the wedges... it popped some. Stack up the wedges.... drive them on in. Fell EXACTLY where I needed it to. :dancing:

This makes just about the 8th tree that I have "removed" in somewhat debatable locations. Whewt. tom could not get pics... oh well.

Patrick62

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
considering that I am running at 8000ft elevation... im down 25% or so. but compared to the older echo's I had it is okay. The pico micro chain works good, and compensates some for the small motor. I will twiddle the adjustments and get it to stay running.
I really do like the light weight!!!