Working in New England today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 3 maples lined up to do, not going near them until it drops below 90

Not me. Yesterday was bad enough and tomorrow we're out again and it's going to be worse possibly.

I get physically ill in this weather. Dizzy, headaches, nausea, and it's no treat for the asthma either.

Best work weather is -10 to +10 Celsius. T-shirt weather. :)

worked for 4 hrs today in northern ohio, splitting and stacking firewood, wasn't too bad. this past sunday was a killer, really high humidity and a tad over 90 degrees. spent 8 solid hours falling, bucking, hauling and stacking quaking aspen. shirt completely soaked and pants wet down to knees. went and bought some gatorade at end of day, lady at checkout says this money is wet. guess i should have left the wallet in my truck.

Just got back in.. and yeah, that was a rough one! Four days off worth of hangover probably didnt help much either.

Did some nice work though. At least I didnt let it effect the quality of my work.

I stayed my ass right home today. I'd been pushing my #### real hard the past few weeks and had a lot of paperwork to catch up on. Not that I have AC but sitting still was much better than working in the sun.

I stayed my ass right home today. I'd been pushing my #### real hard the past few weeks and had a lot of paperwork to catch up on. Not that I have AC but sitting still was much better than working in the sun.

You picked a good day for it.

The cheap thermometer outside my office window says 105 in the sun right now.. can that be right? sure did feel evil out there, I know that much!

You picked a good day for it.

The cheap thermometer outside my office window says 105 in the sun right now.. can that be right? sure did feel evil out there, I know that much!

With the sun beating down on it all day I wouldn't doubt it. Our "official" temp at the weather center is currently 90. Either way, it's muggy as hell. Popped the top off my 4runner to go for a few errands and even then I was sweating up until I hit about 55 mph.

Not me. Yesterday was bad enough and tomorrow we're out again and it's going to be worse possibly.

I get physically ill in this weather. Dizzy, headaches, nausea, and it's no treat for the asthma either.

Best work weather is -10 to +10 Celsius. T-shirt weather. :)

That's because you are physically week.:bringit: I worked today in Greenwich and Norwalk. Only 8 hours then I watered my gardens at home while slurpin down frosty cold beers:cheers:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm a sissy, I quit at noon. Slow and deliberate moves were ok, but fast exertion resulted in dizziness. I loaded my butt in the truck and called it a day.

Grenwich and Norwalk eh.. good money working down that way. You must be one of them silver tongued arborists. :cheers:

Nope, I am licensed Arborist but I mostly do plant health care some tree cutting and brush dragging. I did a few tick control sprays and watered 44 newly planted trees. Dragging 300 feet of hose is a lot like dragging brush. I was drenched in sweat drank a gallon of water and still don't have to pee. Sprayed 175 gallons of tick killer and then 700 gallons of water trying to keep the Dogwoods, Red Oaks and Sugar maples from drought. No real rain for months in Ct.

That's because you are physically week.:bringit: I worked today in Greenwich and Norwalk. Only 8 hours then I watered my gardens at home while slurpin down frosty cold beers:cheers:

I think those eight-hours got you more than you think. When you trip up on a single syllable word, it's a hint you were in the sun too long. ;)

You guys are all a bunch of pansies. I took down 2 3' diameter red oak trees today over a house and wires. Chipped all the brush, and split / stacked all the wood for the client... didn't even break a sweat. All this with a crew of 3 guys... and a dream.

Did some errands today and called it quits. Too hot to work.

Tomorrow I will probably go out and do 2 small pruning jobs.

You guys are all a bunch of pansies. I took down 2 3' diameter red oak trees today over a house and wires. Chipped all the brush, and split / stacked all the wood for the client... didn't even break a sweat. All this with a crew of 3 guys... and a dream.

Did some errands today and called it quits. Too hot to work.

Tomorrow I will probably go out and do 2 small pruning jobs.

Aww I bet you sweat at least a little.

I dont have any more sass for today.. think I'll go drink some frosty cold dog hairs.

Later..

Capitol thinking, old boy!

Usually I prefer a dark high-octane beer. But today a few Corona Lites would be good for chugging.

Chug a 9% black beer in this weather and I think sleep would hit mighty soon. But yet Wild Turkey is still a good idea. Go figure.

Back