Would you like chainsaws if they didn't make noise?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need my saws just loud enough to drown out the victims' screams...

:chainsaw:

(where's that goalie mask smiley when ya need it... Talon, hook a brother up will ya?)

really though, a little bit of noise is a wonderful thing... I had a Harley with stock mufflers, for about three days. Never again would be too soon.

I propose that the ones who like noisy saws are the same ones who end up getting raged sometimes and throwing their tools and stomping their feet. Also, they're more apt to "port" a saw and slow it down substantially, while simultaneously thinking they've made it faster. :)

HAHAHAHA. I find one flaw in your test Spacemule. It leaves out the F---- insane that don't mind the noise and can make the saw faster without throwing it. LOL

I call them Arkies.

Fred

I propose that the ones who like noisy saws are the same ones who end up getting raged sometimes and throwing their tools and stomping their feet. Also, they're more apt to "port" a saw and slow it down substantially, while simultaneously thinking they've made it faster. :)

Did you get picked on in school?

It's not nice to call out Brad;)
EVIDENCE - the SLOW performance of the sneerized 361 against the whimpy 357

This is like asking if I would drink beer if it didn't get me drunk. The answer is yes, but it loses all meaning.

:cheers:

No noise

I would love a saw that made no noise. When you are in a ticklish situation in a tree and want to use ALL your senses, or telling the groundy something when you are cutting.

End to world deafness :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :D

Last edited:
I would love a saw that made no noise. When you are in a ticklish situation in a tree and want to use ALL your sentences, or telling the groundy something when you are cutting.

End to world deafness :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :D

Yeah, but that will make the groundie have to do something besides shrugging his shoulders and cupping his ears. :)

If it wasn't for the sound, then Why?

At threshers gatherings, shows, and get togethers do the most people gather round the old Macs, Homies, and Remingtons, that will actually bust your head they are so loud?

I would love a saw that made no noise. When you are in a ticklish situation in a tree and want to use ALL your sentences, or telling the groundy something when you are cutting.

I saw a crew in a large bucket truck trimming branches away from electric power lines and they were using hydrologically driven hand held saws and all you could hear was the chain against the bar and the wood being cut, very nice. The only problem in the real world be carrying around the power head to drive the saw, so much for being quite :chainsaw:

What?....What??....What???

I like them old loud big bore saws. Depends on your disposition... the low throaty growl of an old saw in a deep cut is soothing. You can tell alot of what's going on in the cut by the vibrations ringing in your head. Is it just me??
Bet you never crank your head when a Vespa scooter pass on by, but you give yourself whiplash when a Fat-Boy Hog comes cruising down the drag:jawdrop:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back