Would you try to run this ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm certain u could grab anybody off the street and they could do better. They had to have wanted it to b a mess.

I've still got the first chainsaw cylinder I ported and it's not to bad. Shape wasn't great but its symmetrical and smooth.

Any clue where that cylinder came from??? I think i have seen it before.. Could be my eyes playing tricks on me..

Why not smoothe it out, bevel ports, and try it? What is there to loose?

Looks like something I might have done as a teenager... I remember those days, but those memories are fading lol!
Heck man, I ported and polished a Dodge 360 when I was 14, it turned out great! I don't see any excuse for work like the OP posted.

Darn it, so it's NOT supposed to look like that? :confused:

Shucks , I'll have to redo my SD105 cylinder port job then, maybe weld some stuff back in... :p

This is my hack job, done with a regular electric drill and a tungsten-carbide burr, finish done with some ultra fine sand paper and my finger. ;)
And no, I didn't touch the opening inside the cylinder as that is the only good jug I have for this saw (the "before" jug is a trashed one). :)

Sachs-Dolmar 105 intake 01.jpg Sachs-Dolmar 105 intake 02.jpg

I took the sharp edges off the inside of the ports and other than seals and bearings put it back together as it was. It is free porting a little but the ports are so sloppy I don't really know how to measure it. I ran a tank of fuel through it this morning and it runs fine. I don't know if it is any better or worse than a stock saw but it seems to have as much power as other 026's I have had. I suppose I will sell it to one of my neighbors since that seems to come with a lifetime warranty anyway.

Latest posts

Back