Wright

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a pretty kewl lookin device :p

What the hell is it? haha A mix between a SawzAll and a chainsaw? Power jigsaw?

I believe that they were made to cut either ice or meat, no chain to oil and contaminate with...

A big reciprocating saw, pretty useless stuff :D Is kinda fun and cool to see tho. Especially with the big engines and terrible efficiency :)

I got one a few years ago that included the manual and several extra bars and blades (some unused). I never got around to fooling with it.

I sold a few of them to the local Amish tribe. They use them to cut up beef and hogs.
Most of them around here came from large orchards. The saws make a smooth cut and don't rip the wood fiber like a chainsaw. The old timers tell me that they worked great for cutting a V notch in the trees for grafting limbs.

Later
Dan

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XmDIztiQL0U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> k

I was told they were best for clearing brush and thickets because they dont pull the brush in like a chainsaw, but I have never seen this promoted in advertising. I don't know why they needed them with 116cc though.

Back