xp or xpg?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i sold the almighty rancher. it was a good saw for what it was but i never used it once the 262 came into play. so now i figure ill get a sweet replacement for that and my little 142 sooo....

im gettin a 346xp. the only question i have is, is the heated handles worth the 50 bucks? i never ran a saw with them and i dunno if its worth it. any advise?

i still need a big saw but with the 262 and the 346 that will about coiver me for 90% of my wood cutting. im still lookin for a deal on a older big saw or maybe a home depot special. weight really seems to be an issue with me as my hands continue to close up on me to the point where i cant use them if i really do some sawin. the lighter the saw the longer i can work. ive actually been runnin the 142 alot when the wood is appropriate. so the 346 will be much welcomed!

By all means, go for the heated handles. I've been dying to try them out, but too cheap to go out and buy a saw with them.
Kinda like when anti-vibe came out as an option on a lot of saws. All us guys that now have white finger syndrom used to say, "why should I spend $25 bucks for somethin' I don't need?"

Take Care

i got my 357 xpg for the price of an xp as it was the only 357 he had left in the shop...damn fine little saw with the exta bonus of heat when you need it in the middle of winter,some times it makes my hands sweat!

The only saw I have heated bars on is one of the race toys, I never have switched it on either, the racing is in the summer so they are pretty much useless on that one.

If I am cutting in the cold I wear my thermal work gloves, they keep the cold out so I doubt the heat would be noticeable.

Heated handles are nice even when it's not cold, I mostly use it when my hands get wet.
But it helps prevent "white fingers" when cutting in cold weather so if you have the chance to buy a saw with heated handles go for it :)
you wont regret it !!

Yes! :)

Im waiting for someone to come up with air conditioned bars myself! For some reason, I am pretty warm blooded, and no matter what temp it is, I work in a tank top. We dont get the temps like you all do up north, but even in 20 degree weather I cant stand to wear a jacket or long sleeves. Really cant stand to wear gloves for that matter, but do anyway to minimize crush injuries.
Winter is my time to get work done, much cooler! Hate the summer!
Heated handles?Not on my saws...

Back