Yet another 630....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Picked up this little *gem* from ebay the other day. Paid a little more than I wanted, but still worth it. The cosmetics on the saw are great, still has the safety decals on the top. The internals are a different story, the piston used to have 2 thin rings but as you can see they are not functional any more. There is a fair amount of transfer on the cylinder so not sure if it will clean up or not, but will try anyways. I can only feel bumps, no gouges in the cylinder so it might be salvageable, not getting my hopes up though.

S6300002.JPG

S6300003.JPG

S6300004.JPG

S6300008.JPG

Nice saw looks just like mine.I was told the 2 ring models are pretty rare,that's what mine has in it,just ordered a new set.I also have the heated handles on mine and they work great.Love my Stihls butt have a real soft spot for my old jonny.

Nice saw looks just like mine.I was told the 2 ring models are pretty rare,that's what mine has in it,just ordered a new set.I also have the heated handles on mine and they work great.Love my Stihls butt have a real soft spot for my old jonny.

I think the 2 rings were common on the 630 from 1983 to about 1987ish, then they went with the single ring. What year is your 630V (heated handles)? I have a 1983 630V, it gave me a hell of a time figuring out the coil was bad but now it runs like a champ (for now). This 630 is now my third, was thinking about fixing and selling but the profit margin is shrinking drastically so I might end up keeping it.

I was looking at that 630 on ebay and now I'm glad I didn't bid on it for two reasons, first, I didn't bid so therefor I didn't run your price up and secondly' Iwouldn't want to have to fix it. I've got a 630 with two rings and it's a very strong runner. I've also got a 670 that I got on ebay that lacks a few parts in the carb area that I'm trying to put back together and am hoping that it runs like the 630 but stronger!!!

I'm not sure of the year this saw came from a pawn shop and I can't read the number on it,didn't notice that for about a year or two.The cover just says 630,is it supposed to say " V " on it.

I was looking at that 630 on ebay and now I'm glad I didn't bid on it for two reasons, first, I didn't bid so therefor I didn't run your price up and secondly' Iwouldn't want to have to fix it. I've got a 630 with two rings and it's a very strong runner. I've also got a 670 that I got on ebay that lacks a few parts in the carb area that I'm trying to put back together and am hoping that it runs like the 630 but stronger!!!

Haha! Thanks.....I guess. :)

I'm not sure of the year this saw came from a pawn shop and I can't read the number on it,didn't notice that for about a year or two.The cover just says 630,is it supposed to say " V " on it.

The "v" is on the ID tag, at least on mine it is.

Latest posts

Back