You get what you pay for - Compression Tester

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris J.

Chris J.

Addicted to ArboristSite
I bough the cheaper Craftsmen ~$50 with coupons looks just like the MityVac one above, same blow molded case and little compartment on the other half as well.

Can't comment on use as a compression tester as I bought it more to use as a leakdown tester.:msp_biggrin:

That's what I thought when I looked at one. About $90.00 regular price; I wonder if Sears still does the Half Off Anything That Fits In This Bag sales?

rwoods

rwoods

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Two comments:

1. Long hoses are nice but repeated pulls can wear out an old man.

2. After tearing apart needlessly two saws due to an unreliable borrowed tester, I brought a small engine tester from NAPA. It irked me a little to seemly pay extra for a short hose but all my readings are quick and more importantly consistent. This has allowed me to compare the readings of a "new to me" saw to my known good runners; so long as it gives consistent readings for a particular saw I don't believe I need to know just how accurate the gauge is - although I would wager that it is very accurate.

Ron

demographic

demographic

Addicted to ArboristSite
Think my Gunsens tester (with Schrader valve) cost about 25 notes and with the few extra adapters I have needed over the years have been maybe a tenner?

I have a fairly beat up old van, the local Snap On delivery van is in far better condition than mine so I would rather keep my money to myself and not pay the owner of the Snap On van to drive around as a posher van than mine.:msp_wink:

For me, what Simonizer said is spot on, there's no one tool company that makes the best of everything, they all do a few tools really well and a few tools that are not so great.