You just got to love the MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
The 361 was a great stock saw in my hands and really hold there value well, but didn't really have a need for it. So I sold the 361 and used the money to purchase a used 372/375 to run in the woods ported gtg's. Still haven't made any timed cuts compared to my woods ported 7900. But I have a really good feeling about the times, just making some cuts in ash.

This is just what I was talking about earlier, how the price of the 361 is right there with the price of the 372's new and used. I guess you can see where my choice went to :rock: and yes I chose to go with the taller HD air filter cover and the HD filter for my uses.
Copyof375003.jpg

Copy2of375002.jpg

Copyof375004.jpg

Last edited:
Well, let's see the ole humpback:chainsaw:

That must be a race saw? I don't see why any work saw would have a muffler port like that....

Last edited:
Just goes to show you 2 stihls, 2 huskys, 1 makita/dolmar and 1 partner can live side by side. :rock:
Copyof375006-1.jpg

You got alot to learn still, guys have been doing that muffler mod to stock saws too. To 357,359,365,372 etc.

woods ported WORK saw 2000K, all my saws are like that one way or another to let them breath and run cooler.

Even the 066,084, 357,7900, etc, even the stock 361 was opened up in the front 2000K. Gets the heat out quick.

Last edited:
read

You got alot to learn still, guys have been doing that muffler mod to stock saws too. To 357,359,365,372 etc.

woods ported WORK saw 2000K, all my saws are like that one way or another to let them breath and run cooler.

Even the 066,084, 357,7900, etc, even the stock 361 was opened up in the front 2000K. Gets the heat out quick.

Well cut I tell ya what. Use those saws for something other than cutting cookies and you will see what I'm referring to. Stick a bar bigger than a 16" on that 372 and put it in some decent sized wood. Keep it in the cut for a awhile and tell me if the log burns, not a good situation! That is why all ports are angled on work saws, for a reason.

I guess you missed it when I was ripping 46" dried maple with a 32" on the 7900 this year with the bar buried. :ices_rofl:

Video heII, Furthest thing that was in my mind, I was in over my head as a homeowner hobby sawer helping a friend from work out. :ices_rofl:
But trust me it took its toll on this old azz body. Just glad I dont do this **** for a living.:rock:

No need to 2000K, you know where the shoe fits.

I come here to help people out 90% of the time spent here, just the same way I was helped years ago.
I dont come here to harass people on the type of saws they run or badger them on every post made. So get a life young spoiled one and move on with life.:notrolls2:

Last edited:
Who had the water hose spraying ya???:monkey:

Such muffler mods have been used a lot, with no ill effects that I know of (well, maybe one case of slightly burned bark) - but I wouldn't recommend it under dry conditions, if you dog in and make a "fan" cut.......:popcorn: :givebeer:

I come here to help people out 90% of the time spent here, just the same way I was helped years ago.
I dont come here to harass people on the type of saws they run or badger them on every post made. So get a life young spoiled one and move on with life.:notrolls2:
I happen to like your posts honest and to the point without all the baised replys.!

Whoa buddy, don't have a heart attack!:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

I didn't go after any of your saws. All I did was ask if that muffler mod was proper for a work saw. Where does that "spoiled one" stuff come from? I have a good job and work just like everyone else.....

Such muffler mods have been used a lot, with no ill effects that I know of (well, maybe one case of slightly burned bark) - but I wouldn't recommend it under dry conditions, if you dog in and make a "fan" cut.......:popcorn: :givebeer:

They are used alot, I agree. It's just not well suited for a work saw......Let the right man see it and kiss your azz goodbye.:cheers:

Sorry to derail but I see Tom at the bottom and had to let him know that I was having dinner with Peter tonight.

Back