You just got to love the MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or something like this :

- your Stihl service is just a phone call away !
- a good wife lasts a lifetime, expect the same from your saw !
- Stihl comes with cyberservice, Lakeside53 is the name ! (Fish for backup)
- invest in the future, buy Stihl products !

I am on a roll today, I can invent a few more if ya like :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Roland can you incorperate the word "stock" into this.......Kinda like a Stock saw or a stock saw I mean a stock saw or can we say stock saw or maybe a stocker .. Then ad in the word mod or a modded or a modded saw or shall we say modded.....THALL is going to post time's for cuts at the store..

Last edited:
Awwww, Hoss is gonna have that huge grin on his face everytime he will enter that shop LOLOL:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

My new stop watch is programed to run twice as fast when timing Hoss's saws. Meaning a 10 second will be 20 seconds on the blazing stop watch. For my saw the stop watch creeps, meaning a 20 second cut for me will show 4 seconds on the watch. If ya can't beatem do what comes easy, CHEAT,LOLOL

Last edited:
I sold the 15 month old MS361 for $20 more then the 8 year old 360 you sold above and used the money to buy a 375xp for the same money (before woods porting). :clap:
I just dont understand how the the two saws could be priced the same new and used.

If you are trying to say that stihl hold their value better, I would have to agree on that.

I just had to have a 372/375 in the holster with fresh bullets, in case Ole Haywood's 375 takes down my 7900 at the next gtg. :cheers:

Plus I have turned into a power junkie and my stihl dealer actually called me a chainsaw lunatic the other day when I was ordering some more 460 rescue handles and other stuff. But he said it with a big smile on is face. :bowdown:

So ya paid 370.00 for a used 372. Thats what I was trying to find out. Not bad.

Ben the 60cc size is the best all purpose size out there. Not too large and heavy to limb and trim with like a 372 and big enough to take down a 20-24inch tree as well, something most operators using 50cc saws with short bars have a tuff time doing. A man wanting just "one" saw for all around use will grab the 60cc saw with a 20 inch bar in a heartbeat over a 50 or 70cc saw, I know that for a fact. The 361 is the best selling saw on our rack for reasons I just outlined to you. Its not the bastard size, its muti purpose size for people wanting just one saw and trust me alot of people only want just one saw for all around use.
Tom, I am in agreement with what your saying. The problem as I see it with 60cc saws is that while they can do it all, they dont really excell at much. For cutting softwood trees up to 20" a 50cc saw will get it done with ease. Ditto with hard woods 16" or so. Maybe even bigger for southern hardwoods as they are softer. Bigger than that and the 70cc saw comes out. A 70cc saw will soundly trounce a 60cc saw in anything 20" and above.
Of course maybe my oppinion only applies to local conditions of the area I live in. I honestly dont know. I do know after owning several that I will not be playing with a 60cc again.

BTW I am starting a jack pine saw log job next week. Most of the trees are between 8" and 16", with some up to 20". Plan on using the 346 exclusivly.:clap:
The logs will be going to the louisianna-Pacific stud mill at Sawyer. I cant believe they make lumber out of this crap....

BTW I am starting a jack pine saw log job next week. Most of the trees are between 8" and 16", with some up to 20". Plan on using the 346 exclusivly.:clap:
The logs will be going to the louisianna-Pacific stud mill at Sawyer. I cant believe they make lumber out of this crap....

Ben I'll send ya one of my 3120's or the 84.....So you can get the job done....:) :)

Or something like this :

- your Stihl service is just a phone call away !
- a good wife lasts a lifetime, expect the same from your saw !- Stihl comes with cyberservice, Lakeside53 is the name ! (Fish for backup)
- invest in the future, buy Stihl products !

I am on a roll today, I can invent a few more if ya like :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

There are some that got rid of there 'old' saw because they were to heavy and did not really do the job they were intended to do.

Some 'old' saws were just to 'hi-maintance.

I just thought of something that made me laugh. I bet some of the :newbie:' s are talking about these 2 extra power exhaust ports heading straight out. I guess some of them never noticed if you remove those caps on the 361 you get more power out of the 2 extra auxiliary exhaust ports too.;)
CopyofCopyof375002.jpg

I just thought of something that made me laugh. I bet some of the :newbie:' s are talking about these 2 extra power exhaust ports heading straight out. I guess some of them never noticed if you remove those caps on the 361 you get more power out of the 2 extra auxiliary exhaust ports too.;)
CopyofCopyof375002.jpg

Hey those are EPA cap's you removed....:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :clap: :clap:

I bought a 346xpg New Edition today, and Witchy is improving all the time - so I am quite happy right now..........:greenchainsaw: :givebeer: :givebeer:

Right out of the box, it has immence torque for a 3 cube, the speed will surely come with breakin.......

Last edited:
Maybe even bigger for southern hardwoods as they are softer.

I've learned even cold hard facts cannot rival opinion in your mind, so I won't even point out that the statment was the 8th most ignorant thing I have heard you say.

Fred

more???

CopyofCopyof375002.jpg

LOL! That was a good one. Who helped ya??

I was talking out my azz and also stated that in the thread...It was funny because I just had the muffler off a 361 a few days before the post:angry2: You never answered my question about the cord that burnt up while cutting either:cheers:

wth

Tom, I am in agreement with what your saying. The problem as I see it with 60cc saws is that while they can do it all, they dont really excell at much. For cutting softwood trees up to 20" a 50cc saw will get it done with ease. Ditto with hard woods 16" or so. Maybe even bigger for southern hardwoods as they are softer. Bigger than that and the 70cc saw comes out. A 70cc saw will soundly trounce a 60cc saw in anything 20" and above.
Of course maybe my oppinion only applies to local conditions of the area I live in. I honestly dont know. I do know after owning several that I will not be playing with a 60cc again.

Was that a serious post???

I've learned even cold hard facts cannot rival opinion in your mind, so I won't even point out that the statment was the 8th most ignorant thing I have heard you say.
Are you denying the fact that tress in the northern US have a much shorter growing season, and the resulting tighter annual growth rings which makes the trees more dense?

You never answered my question about the cord that burnt up while cutting either

Your newbie stupidity don't even deserve a answer young man. :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Gary, mine had 5 holes in the front with the 2 EPA caps pulled ;) , boy she was sure free flowing.
Copyofpeppers07football7900pisto-3.jpg

Excell is just what the MS361 does here, for mature birch - I have fun using orher saws for spesific work, but that one is the "do-it-all" saw...... :greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back