You Love Saws More Than You Love Me!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
I've been hearing this lately from the GF, I don't know if she's just jealous or she's right about me spending more quality time with you guys than I am with her. I mean I have been putting the wood to her as I have been here.
Should I stand my ground and keep posting, or should I disappear into obscurity?
Gypo

Last edited:
No matter what they find something to be jealous over. Saws are easy to love I have same problem! Norm..............

No matter what they find something to be jealous over. Saws are easy to love I have same problem! Norm..............
She thinks I love my 254 more than I love her. I don't like this love thing! He who walks alone walks the furthest, but a good man never gets away! Lol
Gypo

Sell off a saw, and give her "all" of the money you made (you really put half of it in your back pocket.) Tell her to go buy some shoes or a new purse. While she is out, you can bring home a couple more projects. Everybody wins.

How much time you spending on here? Seriously?

Not much, only about 2 hrs /day. Is that over the top and do I have a problem?
The only other net time I spend is with Ebay as I collect and sell northern stuff. Me and the GF are going to Alberta and Southern B.C to see her outlaws and my grandson. I think that's quality time, so no BS from Gypo logger for at least two weeks.
John

The only other net time I spend is with Ebay as I collect and sell northern stuff. Me and the GF are going to Alberta and Southern B.C to see her outlaws and my grandson. I think that's quality time, so no BS from Gypo logger for at least two weeks.
John

Pretty safe bet we'll all still be here when you get back.

John

2 hrs a day is a bit much if you have a GF. I would cut it back to like an hour a day or maybe 2hr a couple times a week or something like that.

I come from the computer gaming community and frankly I have seen some pretty sad things like guys dumping their fiances for games and people who basically have no life and play games and sleep and that's their whole life.

At least were all here able to learn stuff and then use it to either make money or heat our homes - that's how I see it.

It is healthy to moderate your online and offline life so to speak, but your case is not extreme at all.

Sell off a saw, and give her "all" of the money you made (you really put half of it in your back pocket.) Tell her to go buy some shoes or a new purse. While she is out, you can bring home a couple more projects. Everybody wins.
Thanks, I like the sound of that. That will work I bet. I'll buy her some shoes when we get to Sask. She pleases easily. Should be a good trip. I aways dream of waking up in Saskatchewan in some little town north of the Trans Canada.
John

2 hrs a day is a bit much if you have a GF. I would cut it back to like an hour a day or maybe 2hr a couple times a week or something like that.

I come from the computer gaming community and frankly I have seen some pretty sad things like guys dumping their fiances for games and people who basically have no life and play games and sleep and that's their whole life.

At least were all here able to learn stuff and then use it to either make money or heat our homes - that's how I see it.

It is healthy to moderate your online and offline life so to speak, but your case is not extreme at all.
Thanks Cold, so does this mean I don't have a problem? I feel much better now about my lot in life and I don't feel so much like a loser like I did before.
The GF was making me feel pretty bad about chainsaws and stuff.
John

Thanks Cold, so does this mean I don't have a problem? I feel much better now about my lot in life and I don't feel so much like a loser like I did before.
The GF was making me feel pretty bad about chainsaws and stuff.
John

Well as far as having a problem...

Here's where you have to do some thinking...

You may not have a problem, but that doesn't mean that someone is perceiving that there is in fact a problem...There in lies the problem.

I recall seeing the following several times...

Guy plays computer games and makes friends with someone in the game. Wife perceives that this person is sleeping with her husband and wants a divorce and moves out...when in fact the dude and the person on the other end of the line NEVER MET. Odds are, the person on the other end of the line was a guy.

The big issue with this is JEALOUSY and PARANOIA. It is in fact easier to be in a relationship with someone that shares your interests and understands them better than someone who is a complete opposite.

The internet just complicates life on a drastic scale now. Pandora's box is now open...

It happens.

Had to have a nice technical conversation explaining to the wife as to why I was rebuilding the old saw when I just bought a new one. Although I usually end up on here while I'm at work, so the time on the computer doesn't interfere with her too much.

I wonder what she'll say when the next saw comes along. C'est la vie.

Well as far as having a problem...

Here's where you have to do some thinking...

You may not have a problem, but that doesn't mean that someone is perceiving that there is in fact a problem...There in lies the problem.

I recall seeing the following several times...

Guy plays computer games and makes friends with someone in the game. Wife perceives that this person is sleeping with her husband and wants a divorce and moves out...when in fact the dude and the person on the other end of the line NEVER MET. Odds are, the person on the other end of the line was a guy.

The big issue with this is JEALOUSY and PARANOIA. It is in fact easier to be in a relationship with someone that shares your interests and understands them better than someone who is a complete opposite.

The internet just complicates life on a drastic scale now. Pandora's box is now open...
I hear ya cold, however, if I dumped AS she would probably think something was wrong with me or our relationship. You just can't win! Lol
I think the GF thinks I'm in love with Space. Lol
Gypo

Latest posts

Back