You might have CAD if....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are you sick if you buy 6 saws in 5 weeks?

LoL!

...you buy a carb for a saw you don't even own yet. I've been hankering for a tiny little MS180. Then I hear that Ultra has one that turns >15K with a muffler mod and an adjustable WT-325A carb. Well, I bought the carb yesterday and don't even have a saw to put it on.:clap: I couldn't pass it up new for $9.99, thanks to a tip from a fellow AS member here!

...you stayed up until after 1 AM last night working on a 015 you got in the mail yesterday.

...you have more than one saw in a million pieces on the workbench at the same time.

...or you have 5 pro saws and no firewood to cut up at the moment!:help:

Or if you have 7 saws and no trees on your property and no fireplace or woodstove and you actually beg people to let you cut wood for them just because you like to run your saws.

...you have 13 saws in your sig and don't even burn firewood.

If you ask people you work with to bring in big pieces of firewood so that you can take it home to have wood to test the saws in after you are done tinkering.

If you offer to help your dumbarse brother-in-law cut firewood just so you can run your new saws...

you have good condition cylinders for five saws that you have never owned. just in case you need them someday.

I only have the saws that I really need - but I don't really know why I need them......:givebeer: :givebeer:

Wow, you guys are good, how do you all know that much about me!!!!!!!!!

The REAL reason I have multiple saws is so that I don't risk damaging the ecosystem by possibly spilling mix or bar oil when refueling in the woods. Always take enough saws with you so they can safely be refilled in the controlled environment of your shop at the end of the day. Well, that and I love wollaring in the gluttonous accumulation of the internal combustion forest tamers known as the"CHAINSAW"! argh Argh ARRGH!

Well after recently getting rid of 4 saws I'm down to just 9 right now ranging from 33 to 122 cc's. I have three saws torn down to the split cases on the bench right now as I type. Not only have I bought parts for saws I don't own yet, I have parts for saws I have no intention of ever owning. :laugh: I have been known to tear apart perfectly good saws just to make them go faster. I have bars from 16 - 36 inches in 4 inch increments and at least two chains for every bar (I keep 6 on hand for some lengths) and two 48” inch bars for the “big” stuff and a 10 incher for the little guy. I have enough saw paraphernalia to fill the bed of a small truck :dizzy: and somehow manage to think I need to take most of it with me even if I’m just cutting down a sapling for a friend. :confused:

but I don't really have a problem cause I actually have a fireplace and heat with wood part time so all of my saws are useful tools that I need to heat the house......Right. :cheers:

is that water I hear, must be a river near by. :laugh:

........if you bought a brand new stihl 660 today!!LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw:

You might have CAD if

you offer your friend (almost beg) to let you tear his saw down to hone & replace the rings, just because you want to see the porting.......... you offer a neighbor help to cut his firewood because you can't stand to watch him cut big hardwood blocks with a little home owner saw.......you have to build more shelves to store all your saws..........

Let's see here, works in progress:
050AV
028AV
Homelite C7
an old Clinton (not Hillary or Bill).

Running saws used for firewood: Husky 23, Dolmar 119, Husky 266, Husky 365with 78cc BB kit, and Stihl 066 with 98cc BB kit.

Still need a couple new Dolmars and a newer top handle saw.

Yup, CAD is runnin' wild here!

Bob

You might have CAD if.....

Your favorite saw was getting old before you were born :popcorn:

This might be an indicator.

attachment.php

Or this:

attachment.php

OR: you are watching 29 saws on e-bay.....none of which you have any need of!

OR: you have a 026 coming in when you already have four 50cc class saws.

I did sell my 50cc Makita to one of my guys here at work today though! (thinkin I need to replace it with a 70cc saw!)

Last edited:
This might be an indicator.

attachment.php

Or this:

attachment.php

OR: you are watching 29 saws on e-bay.....none of which you have any need of!

OR: you have a 026 coming in when you already have four 50cc class saws.

I did sell my 50cc Makita to one of my guys here at work today though! (thinkin I need to replace it with a 70cc saw!)

I got most of those symptoms. I have a question:: HOw do you get a picture to post up on a post, so it shows the pic without the viewer having to click onit? I'm sure it is easy, but me no high tech wiz:computer2: Thanks in advance 4 the help.....

Back