You need a wife like this!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's only a few people I'd loan my saws, or most any tool I own. All are upstanding people who know what the hell they're doing, and have tools and vehicles of their own that they use properly and take good care of. Beyond being able to loan me tools in return, it also shows that they know what it takes to buy and maintain a quality tool.

Beyond that, they can afford to hand me cash to 100% cover anything they screw up, up to and including total loss, and would do so if needed. Someone can have the best of intentions and be trustworthy, but if they don't have the scratch to cover the loss, intentions don't mean jack. You ain't getting your stuff fixed or replaced. Applies to me too, I won't borrow anything I can't afford to 100% replace immediately. Rather go rent something from a store and buy the insurance to cover exactly that, because stuff happens and I won't screw over a friend even unintentionally.

There's a longer list of people that I wouldn't loan a tool to, but I'll loan out myself using said tool. Show me what needs to be cut and I'll cut it, and lunch is on you.

The same thing kind of happened to my wife while I was out working . Scrappers were in the neighborhood and spied my iron pile by the side of the garage . They tried to con her and tell her they were doing her a favor by hauling it away for free. This was back when scrap iron had some value. My wife stood here ground and firmly told those clowns "NO,THAT IS MY HUSBANDS STUFF FOR HIS WELDING PROJECTS, DON'T TOUCH ANY OF HIS STUFF AND PLEASE LEAVE NOW. " They didn't like that answer and tried again . She wouldn't budge and said if they didn't leave at once she was calling the police. She didn't like the way they looked and knew they were up to no good . They left pronto . I was so proud of her and told her as much and that we were eating out so she didn't have to make dinner.

I was at work and a neighbor came by. He introduced himself to the wife but she did not really know him "I am Joe Blow your neighbor and need to borrow one of Mikes chainsaws"
"I'm sorry I do not lend Mikes tools"
"Well Mike and I are good friends and he knows I take good care of his stuff"
"The answer is no"
" I only need it for a little while"
"You can return when Mike is here otherwise get off the property"
You have to love a gal like that!

That's a sturdy wife!

Pretty nervy low life that would do that sort of thing to a woman in the bright light of day.

Most of the riff raff that we see on occasion around here are not used to pedaling their stolen bikes uphill and wear out pretty quickly :laugh:

After the long ride, dogs, fences and gate - no easy scores to be had.

The same thing kind of happened to my wife while I was out working . Scrappers were in the neighborhood and spied my iron pile by the side of the garage . They tried to con her and tell her they were doing her a favor by hauling it away for free. This was back when scrap iron had some value. My wife stood here ground and firmly told those clowns "NO,THAT IS MY HUSBANDS STUFF FOR HIS WELDING PROJECTS, DON'T TOUCH ANY OF HIS STUFF AND PLEASE LEAVE NOW. " They didn't like that answer and tried again . She wouldn't budge and said if they didn't leave at once she was calling the police. She didn't like the way they looked and knew they were up to no good . They left pronto . I was so proud of her and told her as much and that we were eating out so she didn't have to make dinner.
Post script: While you were out to dinner they came by and stole the scrap metal LOL

I have a massive pile of new and used steel. My two I beams are 75# per foot and ten feet long, 750# they aren’t walking off.

Back