"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husqvarna 288XP - $100. Was nasty dirty and packed full of junk when it was picked up. Not the prettiest - missing a couple screws, outer dawg, handle inserts and needs a new muffler. But, p/c are spotless, original bar in good shape and after a good clean up and new gas it runs like a champ.

Pick up condition
View attachment 484432

After clean up.
View attachment 484433

You suck in the best ways possible -- nice job!

Free. Starts first pull. Helped assemble when it was new. View attachment 487170

That's impressive suckage right there.

Hi all, one of my first few posts on this site. Always been lurking digging up info for one of my saws.

Last summer an older friend of mine who I occasionally do a little cutting for asked if I'd have a look at an old saw of his that wouldn't run. Said he bought it brand new in the late 70s or early 80s and only cut a couple cord.

Simple carb clean up and she fired right up, took it back to him, and he told me to keep it. A few weeks later he also dropped off the original owners manual as well.

Saw works great, not overly useful for what I do but it's great for a spare to have in the truck in case you get jammed, or the odd little job I'll get when I don't feel like lugging a 365/372 to cut 3 alders.

Hi all, one of my first few posts on this site. Always been lurking digging up info for one of my saws.

Last summer an older friend of mine who I occasionally do a little cutting for asked if I'd have a look at an old saw of his that wouldn't run. Said he bought it brand new in the late 70s or early 80s and only cut a couple cord.

Simple carb clean up and she fired right up, took it back to him, and he told me to keep it. A few weeks later he also dropped off the original owners manual as well.

Saw works great, not overly useful for what I do but it's great for a spare to have in the truck in case you get jammed, or the odd little job I'll get when I don't feel like lugging a 365/372 to cut 3 alders.

Nice score

Skippers post reminded me of my first 80cc class saw which was a freebie. I saw an ad on C-list about a husqvarna 141 or one of those cheaper older saws and the seller wanted 400 and said paid 800 last year. I called BS in an email and it turned out to be an older lady selling her ex husbands saws after the divorce and she got the 141 confused with the 372xp. Long story short I drove to her place and got both saws running and told her fair value and got this bad boy for free because she said it was "broken" jonsered 820 needing pull rope fixed.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    974.3 KB · Views: 97
One of mine is from late 2015 and the rest are from this year . the first is a Stihl 066 magnum I picked up from a garage sale for 5$, had a stihl 36 inch bar a chain with extra, just needed a good cleaning, next is a stihl 084 av I picked up for 100$ needs a few missing cover screws, it also needed a good cleaning, last is a stihl 028 av woodboss for 20 $ needs a muffler and air filter cover , and a good clean. Pics up when I put them all back together

With the exception of the 385xp, the 346xp, and the 026 at the bottom left, these saws were going to be thrown out because they "don't run". I said I'd take em and "see if I can do anything with em".
IMG_20160311_102403.jpg
So here's what I could do with them so far--

The ms260 just needed two bar nuts and it fired up in three pulls after I put some fresh fuel in it. The TWO MS261's got fresh fuel and fired in just a few pulls (once adjusted). The MS440 Magnum was in a room that caught on fire, so it looks pretty rough but all it needs is a really good cleaning, an air filter, and a piece of plastic (it started right up too). And finally the MS441-c... well it needed a plug and a few screws to hold on the flywheel cover (It's starts but I think it might be in need of a new jug)

Look what I found today!!!
Picked this little beauty up for 25 bucks and after tearing into her I found that it honestly has no run time at all machine markings are very visible and the piston looks clean on top. Saw has no scratches or anythin!!! I'm a happy guy!
c954697b50fd2dd8ef8bee17b1988425.jpg

eecdc8dd7c056b458d6993fd75141cf1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look what I found today!!!
Picked this little beauty up for 25 bucks and after tearing into her I found that it honestly has no run time at all machine markings are very visible and the piston looks clean on top. Saw has no scratches or anythin!!! I'm a happy guy!
c954697b50fd2dd8ef8bee17b1988425.jpg

eecdc8dd7c056b458d6993fd75141cf1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeh, sucking big time on that $25 score.

20160310_205453.jpg PM 700.. Starts easy, loud, pulls a 20" b&c like a diesel truck. I ended up spending the long dollar and had to give $60 for it. Nice addition to go with my 610 and 800. I think for chits and grins I may try the 28" b&c of my 800 to see how they compare. Just need to find some wood that big. Lol!

Joseph

Latest posts

Back